Soon to be new Phantom pilot here..

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am hopefully (pending Craigslist sale) buying my first Phantom quad copter in two days (Phantom 3 Standard). I have been reading, watching and learning as much as humanly possible before flying. While I consider myself a technology enthusiast and I am an IT Systems Administrator, I take flying something this big and powerful seriously. I have flown a smaller quad (Syma x5c-1) and I have a very good handle on it. The Phantoms are on another level. I'm excited.

I envy those of you who have vast resources to own all the best gear. I've never owned a Phantom because I believed I could never afford one. Now that I'm getting an insane deal on the basic Standard model, I am still unsure of whether I can afford accessories but I'll buy them in stages.

It's nice to have found this site and I've already experienced meeting some of you in the one thread I started. You seem like a good bunch. Look forward to learning a lot here. It is nice to have a group not solely dedicated to photo/video. I like words as well.

Scott

Welcome to the forum sgarrand .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: sgarrand
Hello everyone,

I am hopefully (pending Craigslist sale) buying my first Phantom quad copter in two days (Phantom 3 Standard). I have been reading, watching and learning as much as humanly possible before flying. While I consider myself a technology enthusiast and I am an IT Systems Administrator, I take flying something this big and powerful seriously. I have flown a smaller quad (Syma x5c-1) and I have a very good handle on it. The Phantoms are on another level. I'm excited.

I envy those of you who have vast resources to own all the best gear. I've never owned a Phantom because I believed I could never afford one. Now that I'm getting an insane deal on the basic Standard model, I am still unsure of whether I can afford accessories but I'll buy them in stages.

It's nice to have found this site and I've already experienced meeting some of you in the one thread I started. You seem like a good bunch. Look forward to learning a lot here. It is nice to have a group not solely dedicated to photo/video. I like words as well.

Scott

HI Scott and welcome to Phantom Pilots,
I only just joined a few weeks back and the advise and also reading through the forums has been very educating to say the least, I have now had my P4 on two ( proper missons ) and love the buzz you get watching her rise to the sky , I also had a great assist from Flash on a photo I took , Honestly when he done a few tweaks to it, you would have thought it was 2 different places, anyway welcome aboard :)

PS I had never flown a Kite before let along a UAV

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20