Sony HDR-AS100V, alternative to the Gopro?

Reaction score
I see Sony are just about to launch the new HDR-AS100V action camera, looks very interesting. Also Interestingly, it appears that Sony have been working with DJi on this, as they have a Phantom with a gimble made for the HDR-AS100V, at the 2014 CES show.

http://youtu.be/PvfaZKiQJeU

I keep looking in amazon but it seems that it will be launched the 21st of march... point is there are no ginbal for that. I hope they will be available soon

Lovin it best friends is manager at SONY .... ;) will have to drop over and have a chat ..... has inbuilt stabilising too, so with gimble should be awesome. :)

tknquad said:
I keep looking in amazon but it seems that it will be launched the 21st of march... point is there are no ginbal for that. I hope they will be available soon

I think it's a great alternative to the Gopro and I'm hoping Rotorpixel will support it with a mount, for their P2V gimble in the future, as they said they would be doing this.

I think it's released end of March in the UK, so will probably be getting it well before my Rotorpixel gimble arrives.

I've been putting off buying a Gopro, waiting for the Gopro 4. Maybe the competition will speed things up as I already have the Arris 3000 and not sure if the Sony will work with that Gimbal.

Hi
I have a Phantom 2 and a (unused) Zenmuse H3-3D for GoPro 3. But the problem is that I have a Sony HDR-AS100VR and the gimbal won´t work with that cam. Since I have seen this gimbal for the Sony I desided to send a e-mail to the DJI support and asked them when I could expect to buy the gimbal.

"Hi
I own a DJI Phantom 2 and a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal for GoPro 3+.
But I would like to use a Sony HDR - AS100VR Action Cam on my Phantom 2. I have seen a prototyp gimbal for the Sony cam on the web and I´m wondering if DJI are going to release a Zenmuse H3-3D for the Sony cam?
If so, when could I expect to be able to buy one?

/// Kim Bengtsson
Sweden "

This is the answer I got:
"Dear Kim ,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
Currently the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal only allows GoPro 3+, it does not work with other cameras
Thanks for your suggestion, I will take your advice to our R&D department

Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI.

Best Regards

Cathy.Zhang"

Direct link to the gimbal in the Youtube clip.
http://youtu.be/PvfaZKiQJeU?t=2m49s

Sent them another e-mail and something is strange about this.

"Hi again.
Sony had the gimbal on CES 2014: http://youtu.be/PvfaZKiQJeU?t=2m49s and you are saying that it doesn´t exist?
download/file.php?id=5777

/ Kim"

The answer:

" Dear Kim ,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We do not recommend you use other Gimbal on our Phantom, even you can mount it on our aircraft, it may be not controllable
Since we have not test the Sony on our Phantom, so we are not quite sure whether it works or not. Once there is any issue of the Gimbal, I am afraid that we can not provide you any help because we are not familiar with the Gimbal
So it is suggested you that consider our Gimbal, sorry for your inconvenience, your kindly understanding will be much appreciate!

Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI.

Best Regards

Cathy.Zhang"

Since DJI doesn´t seam to know anything about this, I sent an e-mail to Sony instead. Waiting for their reply.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie