Sony Camera Use

Kinda hard to mount a smartphone to phantom and keep it steady. Great quality pics I am sure. Let us know with a few pics if you manage to do it. With the added payload on an Inspire it's possible. I fly with a 24 mp Sony A6000 attached to the belly.

Kinda hard to mount a smartphone to phantom and keep it steady. Great quality pics I am sure. Let us know with a few pics if you manage to do it. With the added payload on an Inspire it's possible. I fly with a 24 mp Sony A6000 attached to the belly.
Thanks for the advice, but I saw it on another quad, but did not bookmark. how about Sony DSC-HX50V/B?

It really depends on what you want to do with the camera. For any descent video it needs to be on a gimbal. For the P2s you have the zenmuse gimbal for GoPro and the other Phantoms you are stuck with the built in cameras.

The Phantoms too have very small payload while the Inspire can carry much more.

Even on the Inspire you are limited to the supplied camera although the mount is interchangeable so in the future the most certainly will be other cameras but specific to the Inspire. Rumour has that Black Magic and DJI are working on one.

DJI has moved away from supporting 3rd Party cameras, building combined cameras and gimbal.

I use a A6000 for mapping looking straight down on the Inspire and modified GoPro's on a P2. For anything else it's not much use without a gimbal.

Trying to mount 3rd party compact cameras is really a non starter. There are other multirotors that are better suited for that like 3DR X8 etc not that I know much about them. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.