Something that turned out not to be true...for me.

Reaction score
I was always instructed to fly in ATTI mode while shooting - that it was smoother. I have found the opposite to be true. As soon as I take it out of GPS mode the bird starts yawing. I do get yaw in GPS mode but far less, I think. Hopefully, the 3D will make this a moot point.

ATTI is only better when you "ride the wind" and/or coast otherwise you're just doing the same thing that GPS mode does.

ATTI mode tracks height and rudder just like GPS mode. The difference is ATTI doesn't track forward and left to right. So if the wind is blowing it is going to move. The reason they say to use ATTI for filming is if you are trying to go in a straight line very slowly, GPS mode could make small adjustments and you would see the bird shifting slightly.

In my own experience GPS is far more stable for filming, particularly with yaw, although that might now be a moot point with the new gimbal. I flew with it the first time today and strange things were happening.

lightingbryan said:
ATTI mode tracks height and rudder just like GPS mode. The difference is ATTI doesn't track forward and left to right. So if the wind is blowing it is going to move. The reason they say to use ATTI for filming is if you are trying to go in a straight line very slowly, GPS mode could make small adjustments and you would see the bird shifting slightly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20