Something is wrong with my .... (Motor? ESC?)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am uncertain what exactly is broken on my Phantom 3 after crashing it. I thought maybe some of you guys might know what is up so that's why I made this post.

I made a video of my phantom trying to take-off without props on:

As you can see the motor on the left is kind of stuttering, this also happens with the props on, the phantom most likely crashed on this side since there is damage to the plastic on this side as well.

Any ideas, thoughts or whatever are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
that is a bad motor

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Decided to open the bad boy up (**** that was hard)
image.jpeg
Anyway as you can see that indeed is a bad motor so I will have to replace that.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
But there is more, one of the resistors on the SCE came off as well :/
Anyone has any idea what the resistor is for and if there are people able to solder those back on.

I can solder a new motor on myself but I am not going to solder on a PCB since that is way too risky I think.

Got someone to fix the condensator and als soldered a new motor on, however the problem is still there.

This means its not a faulty motor, what could it be? :(

ESC for that arm is possibly damaged. Best to send it back to DJI.

Also are you sure the capacitor was actually fixed. It's not clear from your photo but it looks like one of the solder pads on the PCB was completely ripped off. If that is the case it would be hard if not impossible to fix.

ESC for that arm is possibly damaged. Best to send it back to DJI.

Also are you sure the capacitor was actually fixed. It's not clear from your photo but it looks like one of the solder pads on the PCB was completely ripped off. If that is the case it would be hard if not impossible to fix.

The question is, will DJI fix it though after I soldered on my own motor you think?

The soldering of the capacitor was done by a proffesional, he added new wires and soldered a new capacitor on in the wing. He tested it and should all be good.
The thing is though, there are 2 capacitors, so even if this capacitor was still broken 2 motors should be disfunctioningbut there is only one stuttering.

The question is, will DJI fix it though after I soldered on my own motor you think?

Don't see why not - but it won't be covered by warranty. I would imagine they'd simply replace the entire circuit board rather then trace the cause of the fault.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1