Something in my RC

Reaction score
I have just taken the RC out of my Phantom 3 box to charge it up, and upon taking it out have noticed that there is a noise inside the controller. The noise is definitely something moving around inside. I have never noticed this before. The controller has never been dropped, there is no reason for anything like sand or dust to be inside as I take extreme care for my toys, and pack them away after every use. It sounds like it could be a screw or something snapped off inside that is moving around. Nothing is missing from the outside of the RC and there are no cracks/holes for anything to get inside.
Has anyone experienced similar? Bit of an unknown and I'm not that keen to open up the RC.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does the RTH button on the front of the remote controller appear to be depressed further than the power button?

Okay. That's one of the parts that is known to sometimes breaks off internally. Perhaps another part is partially broken and is bouncing around in there.

I had the same issue. Turns out it was a screw. The plastic seat for multiple screws broke. Super glue did the job.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are reports and photos of the plastic 'bosses' that are part of the housing closure system splitting as though the screws were too big. NOT saying that's why they split but as an example to help visualize.

It is a piece of plastic or a screw. The plastic in a lot of these Phantoms is inferior and brittle.

The screws are easy to take out but hidden under the rubbery pads on the back.
Go very careful though as there's a data ribbon between both halves - connected under the raised piece with USB socket(s).
You can unclip this but it's very fiddly to get back.
Anything loose inside with luck will come out through a half inch gap - that's about all you have without disconnecting the ribbon.

Soooo, any update? I am curious what you found.
Sorry guys, have been flat out, and haven't had a chance to dive into the problem any further at this stage.
Hopefully I will get a chance to sometime over the weekend..
I appreciate the recommendations, hopefully it is something minor, last thing I want to be doing in opening the RC and creating more problems.

There are reports and photos of the plastic 'bosses' that are part of the housing closure system splitting as though the screws were too big. NOT saying that's why they split but as an example to help visualize.

Any chance of you finding these photos?
Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik