Something for you GoPro users

Looks like they are trying to keep up with Snake River Prototyping whop have produced a similar kit.
They are both much the same in what they do but the SPR kit will be better quality,but of course you pay more for better quality glass and build quality.
I have used filters from both companies.

I never fly/film without my Snake River filters.

Is there anyone here that has used both Polar Pro and SRP to tell me if there's a huge difference between the two? I use Polar Pro CP mostly sometimes ND. Just wondering

i did not know the filters were there to cut jello effect! Why not just change your dampeners? But it seemed you had an old gimbal on there.

Im not sure the value of this if its just to cut jello as i have not experienced jello since putting a 2 or 3 axis gimbal on.

I guess i have to spend some time with google this morning.

The ND filters can cut the sun glare and prop shadow because they slow the shudder speed from my understanding.

CP filters can cut the reflection off things like water for instance.

What's odd, is I keep reading about jello, but for some reason we don't get any on ours. We have a 1.1.1 with a Hero3+ Silver hard mounted right to the bird, and other than movement from not having a gimbal, it's very steady and clear.

knuckles said:
Is there anyone here that has used both Polar Pro and SRP to tell me if there's a huge difference between the two? I use Polar Pro CP mostly sometimes ND. Just wondering
As I mentioned in my previous post I have used filters from both companies,Polar Pro and Snake River Prototyping and I can say the SRP filters are far superior.

KMW said;
What's odd, is I keep reading about jello, but for some reason we don't get any on ours. We have a 1.1.1 with a Hero3+ Silver hard mounted right to the bird, and other than movement from not having a gimbal, it's very steady and clear.
eckoner said;
i did not know the filters were there to cut jello effect! Why not just change your dampeners? But it seemed you had an old gimbal on there.

Im not sure the value of this if its just to cut jello as i have not experienced jello since putting a 2 or 3 axis gimbal on.
The ND filters will help to cut jello to a point but changing dampers or adding some anti vibration jell between the body of the quad and the camera mount/gimbal will do more.
When using a GoPro the use of higher frame rates is the best thing to do to stop jello.At 25 or 30 fps you may get heaps but if you change to 50 or 60 fps you will get none,unless your bird has a very bad vibration.
Balancing your props is probably the biggest thing to reduce jello as they are potentially the biggest source of vibration.

There are also other ways to fight jello on a P1. Such as "moon-gel" and using the waterproof housing while flying.

I bought these right when they came out and I can't express enough how much of a difference [during broad daylight] it makes to my videos.

To be honest though I haven't tested this on my H3-3D + GPH4B in-flight because the camera fails to tilt up/down if I initiate the startup sequence with the filter on, but it works without a problem on my Feiyutech G3 Ultra.

UrAwFuL said:
I bought these right when they came out and I can't express enough how much of a difference [during broad daylight] it makes to my videos.

To be honest though I haven't tested this on my H3-3D + GPH4B in-flight because the camera fails to tilt up/down if I initiate the startup sequence with the filter on, but it works without a problem on my Feiyutech G3 Ultra.
You may have more success with filters on the H3-3D if you use a counter balance weight.I spotted this video a couple of weeks ago that shows what you need to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkqDNV1ALRM
Give it a try,see how you go.
I have done a similar thing with my Arris gimbal by sticking some lead to the gimbal arm with 3M double sided tape to get the roll balance right.
I have since changed the roll motor gains to do the job and it seems to be working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic