Something blue stuck to inside of motors

Reaction score
I was just checking over my p3 and noticed some sort of blue material stuck on the inside of each motor. It looks like it could maybe be some sort of mini balancing weight. Is it normal
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443385902.771592.jpg

Interesting.

Must be that or magnet adhesive???

Not there by accident.

Someone posted about removing that stuff during a motor PM or something.

Wonder if that was wise now.

Interesting.

Must be that or magnet adhesive???

Not there by accident.

Someone posted about removing that stuff during a motor PM or something.

Wonder if that was wise now.
Might have been some loose magnets in manufacture and some inspector caught it and put some glue on it. Pretty sloppy job, if that was the case. I had a 60 size electric motor on an RC airplane when the magnets came unglued from the motor housing-- or maybe it is balance on the housing. Some manufacturers actually balance the housings before assembly.

It's just back from Heliguy as they where replacing the shell. I don't recall seeing this before it went.

Maybe it is just a balancing weight but if it is surly a large percentage of phantoms should have it.

Last edited:
After seeing two people today post about blue in their motors, I checked mine with a flashlight just now. One of the four has the blue. Must be for balance as noted.

It's DYNAWEGHT,
Used in bell balancing at factory, I removed mine, as I believe it hampers air flow through motors, I used aluminum tape on outside of bell!

Hope this helps!
J Dot

Reactions: Reed L and dirkclod
Hahaha, I had thought it was an H2o water sensor, to see if your bird took any unwanted baths ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
4 of my engines on my late model P2V+ and 3 of the engines on my P3P have the same blue stuff.

I'd imagine quite a few others do too, but just haven't noticed. Was gonna post a thread about it here ages ago, but forgot.

Almost certainly a weight to help balance the motor.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl