Someone threatening to report me (over nothing)

Thank you all for your help. I hope everything is sorted out properly after I get the "official word"

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't worry about it until someone or something gives you a reason to worry. And even then, have them give you specific instances to why there's a violation. Personally, I think it's a scam to extort money from you. DO NOT send anything to them until you have confirmation of authenticity.

I would cover all my bases and get the SFOC from the government if possible. When I got wind of the FAA requiring Registration I did not hesitate to register and did so. The AMA was telling everyone to wait and to me that was wrong. I have already shown my Registration Card to both Police and Sheriff Deputies and that is what they want to see. This fall I hope to begin working with the local Police Dept. and helping them train their pilots (2). I suggest going and taking your Phantom and going to the Police and Sheriff's Departments and introducing your self. You might just help save someone's life.

Not sure where you are from but where I'm from I'd walk in and tell them I murdered someone and the police will politely ask me to go to the right department to surrender myself...

I'm definitely looking into getting my SFOC and want to get it first try. I see courses offered from $600 and up teaching you how, it seems like such a huge document to prepare and I don't want to mess it up along with the waiting time :(

Looking for insurance as well, any Canadian drone owners that can give me pointers would be awesome !

Make an appointment with him making him understand you will pay him. Call the police and tell them you have been blackmailed.

and probably this id.... is also reading the forum and having a laugh, or maybe he gives out those courses you want to take.

Not sure where you are from but where I'm from I'd walk in and tell them I murdered someone and the police will politely ask me to go to the right department to surrender myself...

I'm definitely looking into getting my SFOC and want to get it first try. I see courses offered from $600 and up teaching you how, it seems like such a huge document to prepare and I don't want to mess it up along with the waiting time :(

Looking for insurance as well, any Canadian drone owners that can give me pointers would be awesome !

SFOC is on a per-flight basis at first (with minimum 20 day lead time) until you've done a few at which point you can apply for a standing SFOC for a specific area or region.
For insurance, Shaw-Sabey is quite reasonable, you'll require minimum $100k liability but they offer minimum $1m liability for one aircraft for under $1000/year.

Drone Insurance - Shaw Sabey

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31