Someone please help

Reaction score
Hi

Today i have received my chineese gimbal and need to wire it up would it be ok to solder the gimbal power wire straight to the main power on the board here are some pictures of what i am asking please HELP the main power wires on the board are a lot thicker than the gimbal power wires that's why im asking also if i wire the pitch control to f2 on the flight controller would i be able to control the pitch with the wheelie on the phantom tx
IMG_1592_zpsz9bceuxs.jpg
IMG_1593_zpsojziyqpm.jpg
IMG_1594_zpsryg93uw5.jpg

Hello Kent76,
You could solder the power wires to mainboard, and wire from bottom pin F2 on naza! I have been building harnesses for these China gimbals for a while now, to make them plug-n-play, here are the wires you'd need:
13F5F210-3554-4F57-9776-652ADAB9CEC3_zpshkaypwcq.jpg

One is a jumper wire from naza to pitch control on gimbal, other is jumper wire ( power lead ) from 6pin CAM port on mainboard, all plug-n-play! If you'd like a set of wires , just let me know!

J Dot

Hi J Dot

I have wired the gimbal to the main board got it working but could do with some info on setting it up got it working with the wheel on the tx to control the tilt but it wont go straight down it stops at about 30 degrees if you could give me any advice on sorting it out i would be very great full by the way how much would the leads be ?

Hey Kent76,
Good show! You got the hard part done!
Have you used the dial wheel Tx before or is it new?

Typical setup:
Plug Tx into RC ASSISTANT, calibrate all sticks, and dial wheel, and toggles!
( this calibrates Tx )
Next
Hook phantom to PC ASSISTANT,
Under RC TAB, calibrate all sticks again, dial wheel again, and toggles again!
While here, make sure you CLICK UPGRADE CONTROLLER, not basic!
( this calibrates Tx to phantom! )
Ok
Now go to GIMBAL TAB,
You'll need to adjust your MAX, MINIMUM, and center points.
( you'll need to play with these settings to achieve the pitch you want )
Mine are
Min: -250
Center: 0
Maximum: 950
This is just above level, level, and straight down on camera angles!

Remember only turn on with camera attached, as the camera is the BALANCE of the gimbal, you might have to mount camera and balance gimbal? With gimbal off, and camera attached, gimbal should hold position, not flop to one side, or flip down, does not have to be PERFECT, but you'll want it as close as you can get, I use stick on weights, non magnetic!

This should help with initial setup
( below is advanced! )

This below comes later as you get better, and want to make some gimbal adjustment
( and believe me there are millions of adjustments you can make through SimpleBGC )
( NOTE: DO NOT UPGRADE GIMBAL, as it uses foreign firmware, and will BRICK the gimbal if you update with the real version of firmware )
Next ( Alexmos ) SimpleBGC software, as you get more advanced,
You'll need to instal driver, and correct version of firmware, that matches your gimbal. This will help with one touch button, and calibrating accelerometer, and gyros! But this gets really in depth, and can take hours to explain!
But
You'll want to set your push button up, I use ( 1push Manually set angle ) ( 2 push calibrate accelerometer ) I disabled all the rest, secondly, you'll want to level out your gimbal ( fro t/back, and side/side and set your accelerometer, then there is a 6 step process to set your gyros!

Hope this helps, I'd be glad to help any way I can
Wires $12 shipped USA
International $12 + shipping!

Take care and good luck!
J Dot

Hi J Dot

Iv'e got the gimbal set just how i want it now spent six hours trial and error using the simpleBGC it works great and the dial wheel moves the camera all working but i haven't used the assist software do i have to use it or will it be OK as it is as i don't want to mess up all the hard work iv'e done to get to this point ?

If it's all working correctly, I'd leave it be! Good deal my friend! ENJOY!

J Dot

just took it in the back garden flew for about 4 mins and the battery has only one light left it does weigh quite a bit but surly it cant have that much of an effect to the flight times ?

4 minutes?
That does not sound right at all!
Maybe 4 minutes off of the 24 minute time, as mine only lost a couple minutes, not even enough to notice!
You might need to adjust PID's your gimbal motors might be working too hard to stabilize gimbal, causing battery drain? I would check all your Connections, make sure nothing is shorting out, and make sure BGC board is not shorting against top plate!

J Dot

just a quick update went out this morning with phantom and gui gimble flew for about 10 mins and still had three lights on battery 2 solid and the third flashing does that sound better ?

thanks for the reply's ill be in touch if i get anymore issues if your ok with that by the way what phantom do you fly

I Fly a P2v version 2, I have 2 of them, one is highly moded, other I build out of spare parts, and is stock!
( one is 3.08, other is 3.12 firmware )
I currently building #3, out of a wrecked phantom I bought, was in pretty bad shape, but just got my last parts I needed, today! So tomorrow I start the build ( after I test each component, first ) lol.( 3.14 firmware not happy bout that, but I have another naza, I believe has older firmware installed, but won't know until I get it back together? )
And:
Yes, anytime my friend, feel free to contact me, I'll help any way I can!

Take care,
Jerry
J Dot

One last thing mate if you look at the pictures of my phantom the flight controller in the main body says phantom on it can i change using assist to naza mode or does it have to say naza on it ?

Yes,
You can use PC assistant to change from phantom mode to naza mode!
Even thought it says PHANTOM, it is still a NAZA-m!

J dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl