Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Someone just gave me a crashed Phantom II

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by pmacafee, Feb 25, 2015.

1. pmacafee

So I have a relatively new Phantom 1 from Christmas and someone just gave me a found crashed Phantom II . It looks like an early model. One arm and the battery took the brunt of the crash, one motor actually cracked inside , one arm bent with one esc board broken and also one ribbon cable has just a ragged end. The battery end cover is broken and I can't figure out the underlying electronics. Should I throw this in the trash or can I use some of the parts on my Phantom 1? BTW he tried for some time to find the owner, it just fell on his street.

2. IflyinWY

Hello,

Congrats on your P1. I've got the FC40. They are awesome flying machines. The way I understand it, the FC40 is a P1 with a camera included in the box.

Sounds like you've got good luck.

I wouldn't throw any of it away. Well, maybe the totally busted parts could be tossed. Great find.
    Are you considering repairing your new bird? I don't think I would go buy a P2, but if someone left one at my house, I would probably become a fan.

There's plenty of info/videos which will help you understand the guts of the P2. Look around, can't be too hard to find.
    I know nothing about them.

I'm pleased to see that you included the part about trying to find the owner.

How are you enjoying your P1?

FYI: I think it's cool when folks include their "general" location. It gives us some insight to their posts.