Someone close to me need help

Reaction score
have the P-4 and need to change out motors. Orders them but a little in the nerves side. Starting getting high pitch sound knowing bearing is going just my experience flying helicopters.
If anyone close to Oakwood Hills,
ILLinois please contact

Well thanks for that just have a lot of flights and just started hearing the very high pitch noise.

Easiest way to eval. is to test post-flight temps of all 4 motors. If all similar you're good to go.

You can usually feel when a bearing is going.. Turn the motors by hand. They should all have the same resistance with no gritty feel.

With the props attached, flip the motors with a finger. If you flip them all with the same force, they should all spin the same amount. For instance I can fip a motor so it turns about 3 times. If one wont spin that much, then I'd suspect the bearing.

If a bearing is gone, why not just send the drone in under warranty? That way you can be sure of the job being done right.

Thanks guys will do all above yes it is under warranty have heard that once gets to LA may sit for awhile.
Anyway thank you

I would avoid sending my drone in for warranty if I could. DJI reserves the right to send a refurbished unit rather than repair one that is sent in, and there is no telling what condition the drone was in or how many flights it had before it was refurbished. No, thank you.

Well thanks to all the things to consider everything is great no more then usual noisemotors all the same temp and all is good thank everybody

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20