Somehow have Google maps back, = me Happy, but how to get back if disappear?

I am consistently getting GOOGLE maps now , and without any need for mobile data , here 's the trick that works for me 1. turn on RC 2. turn on AC 3. WAIT for AC to completely start up --- DDD DDD beeping ( not beeping during camera dance ) 4. turn on wi -fi NOW and let your device connect , IF YOUR DEVICE'S WI FI IS TURNED ON BEFORE AC IS TURNED ON YOU WILL ON GET GOGGLE MAPS .

The latest version of GO does indeed have the amap options, I think the previous one did too. They have virtual slider switches, not check boxes, in therelevant GO settings page and I have one of the two (don't remember which ) that refuses to 'slide'.....but don't get chinky on my map. I got the HERE maps, but they seem to be ok for me,,,but have lost my live video tho signal is there and it records to card! (Got this before update was forced on me too)

So, fired up this morning, google maps are gone, got here back, DJI can suck it!

P3P / Shield K1 / Canada / SK
I got Google Maps on 3.1.3 back again today!! See attached picture.(it shows 3.1.3 using google maps
)
1487824157385.png

So, I believe I have figured out what is happening with my setup. I have 5 devices I can fly with. 2 IOS, and 3 Android devices. One of my Android devices has 3.0.1 on it, (you can find how to do that with limited success elsewhere on this forum) and I am pretty sure that after I fly with 3.0.1 on one device, the next time I fire up 3.1.3, it uses Google maps. (Or, it is just randomly using google maps, not sure yet)

Last edited:
I suspect you are all getting confused because Google Maps will appear when Here Maps is having problems and won't load properly.
The Go app goes back to Google Maps when it is unable to load Here Maps.

Reactions: Loz
I suspect you are all getting confused because Google Maps will appear when Here Maps is having problems and won't load properly. The Go app goes back to Google Maps when it is unable to load Here Maps.

Be useful if there is a way to prevent or permanently make Here Maps unloadable on IOS. I cannot understand why they don't make this user choice, nodoubt some commercial reason..[emoji848]

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

I suspect you are all getting confused because Google Maps will appear when Here Maps is having problems and won't load properly.
The Go app goes back to Google Maps when it is unable to load Here Maps.
So, is this an actual fact there you are sure of?
I always have problems with here after a re-install, usually cannot even get a here map to load for at least 2 days, but I still do not get google maps.

I have been in touch with Dji by email, ( See my earlier posts on this thread ) what they seem to be basically saying is sorry the update to Go is causing problems but we have no time frame to change it. Maybe if they get a lot more complaints they might reconsider.

The latest version of GO does indeed have the amap options, I think the previous one did too. They have virtual slider switches, not check boxes, in therelevant GO settings page and I have one of the two (don't remember which ) that refuses to 'slide'.....but don't get chinky on my map. I got the HERE maps, but they seem to be ok for me,,,but have lost my live video tho signal is there and it records to card! (Got this before update was forced on me too)
Hi , I have installed and uninstalled Go 3.1.3 a number of times and have never had the amap option on any. I am in the UK.

Suggest you all look at this thread if you haven't already .
DJI forces us to take the GO update v3.1.3 [Android]. In particular the links to apps posted by member " ferraript "

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie