Somehow have Google maps back, = me Happy, but how to get back if disappear?

Reaction score
1487292700423.png

This is a screenshot, proving I somehow have Google maps back, but I do not know how I got them? I am not going to shut down the app for fear of losing these awesome maps, any idea how long I can run Go without ever closing it?
Or, better yet, how to get them back if I lose them?
Thanks

P3P / Shield K1 / Canada / SK

Reactions: gunner370
View attachment 76370

This is a screenshot, proving I somehow have Google maps back, but I do not know how I got them? I am not going to shut down the app for fear of losing these awesome maps, any idea how long I can run Go without ever closing it?
Thanks

I tried turning on A maps ( for China mainland) on 3.13 on Shield K1, as someone suggested that might work to get Google maps. Didn't get hardly anything to load(Nearly an hour & still spotty maps when zooming, just the immediate area around my location). Then tried an IOS device, that worked for the apple maps, but seemed to want a data connection to load maps each time I flew. Went back to my Shield K1 this afternoon, and 3.13 loaded up, but with Google maps!

It's often hard to tell if you have Here, as it doesn't always display the watermark.
I just tested with HTC 10 go 3.1.3 no RC connection.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
These are def Google maps, the Google watermark in the corner confirms it, but the clarity (only that clear on google maps) of the waterfall where I flew def proves it is google.

Hi, I am sure that "Here" is better for Offline use but it seems like DJI Go app cannot use downloaded Here maps yet (if you have installed Here we Go already on you device and dowloaded your area maps).

I am a novice so please bear that in mind. I have just installed 3.1.3 on my Acer Andriod version 4.4.4 . My maps are rubbish, showing chinese words next to my local road names etc ( I am in UK ) I have the option showing for Standard, Satellite, Night, but no change when I click on any of the 3, just this very basic standard.I had a great deal of trouble finding where to download this dji Go / pilot App, don't even know where to reload so would really appreciate a link to a decent place to download another App. Thanks for taking the time to read this cry for help.

I am a novice so please bear that in mind. I have just installed 3.1.3 on my Acer Andriod version 4.4.4 . My maps are rubbish, showing chinese words next to my local road names etc ( I am in UK ) I have the option showing for Standard, Satellite, Night, but no change when I click on any of the 3, just this very basic standard.I had a great deal of trouble finding where to download this dji Go / pilot App, don't even know where to reload so would really appreciate a link to a decent place to download another App. Thanks for taking the time to read this cry for help.
You have the Chinese maps loaded(that is the default on a new bird) In the Go App, under "General settings", untick "Enable Amap (for China mainland)"
and
"Calibrate map coordinates (for China mainland)"

Restart the app and you will be rid of those maps, and if lucky, will have google maps, if not, yoh will have here maps.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You have the Chinese maps loaded(that is the default on a new bird) In the Go App, under "General settings", untick "Enable Amap (for China mainland)"
and

Restart the app and you will be rid of those maps, and if lucky, will have google maps, if not, yoh will have here maps.

and

Thanks mate, will give that a try.

Hi Dannyz, under " General settings " I have " Calibrate map coordinates(for china mainland) which I have unticked , But I don't see "Enable Amap (for China mainland)" ? Do I have to have my P3A and control turned on and connected when I follow your advice ?

Hi Dannyz, under " General settings " I have " Calibrate map coordinates(for china mainland) which I have unticked , But I don't see "Enable Amap (for China mainland)" ? Do I have to have my P3A and control turned on and connected when I follow your advice ?
No you do not(at least I did not have to), your EU drone must be different from our american version in this regard also.
Perhaps someone from EU can tell you where to turn off Amaps. (Amaps is what is giving you the Chinese maps)

No you do not(at least I did not have to), your EU drone must be different from our american version in this regard also.
Perhaps someone from EU can tell you where to turn off Amaps. (Amaps is what is giving you the Chinese maps)

Hi Dannyz, have you got a link to were you download your GO App please, I have lots of trouble finding one that works with my Tablet. Thanks

Hi Dannyz, have you got a link to were you download your GO App please, I have lots of trouble finding one that works with my Tablet. Thanks
Like nearly everyone else, I was forced to get the update to 3.13 from Google Play, so, nothing out of ordinary...

What tablet you have?

I tried turning on A maps ( for China mainland) on 3.13 on Shield K1, as someone suggested that might work to get Google maps. Didn't get hardly anything to load(Nearly an hour & still spotty maps when zooming, just the immediate area around my location). Then tried an IOS device, that worked for the apple maps, but seemed to want a data connection to load maps each time I flew. Went back to my Shield K1 this afternoon, and 3.13 loaded up, but with Google maps!

So, I have tried to duplicate this on my Asus Nexus 7, and cannot seem to get google maps. I haven't given up yet, but I will be busy with other stuff tomorrow, so, maybe Sunday will try some more.
Anyone else try? Anyone else get it to work?

I somehow have Google maps back, but I do not know how I got them? I am not going to shut down the app for fear of losing these awesome maps, any idea how long I can run Go without ever closing it?
Thanks

So, fired up this morning, google maps are gone, got here back, DJI can suck it!

So, fired up this morning, google maps are gone, got here back, DJI can suck it!

Hi Danny, I asked Dji why I now had Chinese on my crap maps and if I could get back my Google maps. They sent me a long message which basically said what we already know , there has been major upgrade which has resulted in maps used are here maps. They said if I was on android (which I am) I should try searching for a older version but they do not have access to any links on their database to send me.

Last edited:
Hi Danny, I asked Dji why I now had Chinese on my crap maps and if I could get back my Google maps. They sent me a long message which basically said what we already know , there has been major upgrade which has resulted in maps used are here maps. They said if I was on android (which I am) I should try searching for a older version but they do not have access to any links on their database to send me.
They are feeding you a line of BS! You can search for an older version, but as soon as you fire it up, it will insist on an update to the newest version. ( there are a couple of ways around the forced update tho) Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?

Here is one of the threads I have tried, with limited success(I have google maps until I restart the app or maybe after a new day? Not sure yet what all triggers the reset...) It has been a long time since I screwed around with android permissions, and I haven't yet been able to get the write permissions to stick, even on my rooted S5.

Forced Go App Update -Workaround

Last edited:
They are feeding you a line of BS! You can search for an older version, but as soon as you fire it up, it will insist on an update to the newest version. ( there are a couple of ways around the forced update tho) Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?

Here is one of the threads I have tried, with limited success(I have google maps until I restart the app or maybe after a new day? Not sure yet what all triggers the reset...) It has been a long time since I screwed around with android permissions, and I haven't yet been able to get the write permissions to stick, even on my rooted S5.

Forced Go App Update -Workaround
I emailed them again and told them about the no option but to update and how myself and many other customers where very angry at the way we where been dictated too.
Here is there reply,

Regretfully, the previous version of the app is no longer available at our website and was already archived. As DJI's decision of changing the map used during the update is irreversible, we can only note your case as a feedback to our current app and forward them to our developers.

Though we have no resolution time for this, the case will be collated together with similar feedback for the developer on a possible case study and re-update of the app.

Perhaps if more people email them and complain they might change things, though I wont hold my breath waiting.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj