Somebody Crashed a Drone into Yellowstone's Hot Springs

Reaction score
Great.

http://gizmodo.com/somebody-crashed-a-d ... 1617278906

Edit: also on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/07/us/drones ... ?hpt=hp_t2

Favorite quotes:

"This is the latest in a string of recent drone incidents in national parks and beyond."

"Visitors watching the sunset over the Grand Canyon were interrupted by a loud drone in April."

"Volunteers reported that a herd of bighorn sheep at Zion National Park in Utah scattered after being harassed by a drone."

"A Seattle woman called police in June to report a peeping Tom drone. The drone was hovering outside of her high-rise window, and the woman saw operators on the ground below with camera equipment."

"Police said as long as the drone was flying in a public space, there was little that they could do."

This will become a big deal. I've photographed on the ground there many times. Sensitive area easily damaged. I'd be more concerned about the battery compounds releasing. Completely irresponsible of the flier and there likely will be fallout from this. Harmful for those who do fly responsibility.

I can't say it wouldn't have been an awesome shot.
Personally, I'd steer clear of the water. No need to come in close or directly over it to get a nice shot.

People are absolutely ridiculous, you should have to take a common sense test in order to drive a car or fly a drone, if you don't pass it then you can't buy it/drive it. lol. Thanks for ruining it for all of us by dropping your "drone" into a national park.

w0by said:
People are absolutely ridiculous, you should have to take a common sense test in order to drive a car or fly a drone, if you don't pass it then you can't buy it/drive it. lol. Thanks for ruining it for all of us by dropping your "drone" into a national park.

I whole heartedly agree with this. It only takes one moron to ruin it for all of the responsible flyers...

I only disagree with his decision to fly because he should have known that the National Park Service banned them from all national parks otherwise they were probably great shots and crashed because of some sort of failure. Dont blame the guy too much. IMO He should have the freedom to fly where he pleases.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor