Some things Drone Pilots need to know about Aircraft

Reaction score
An Aircraft can be a Airplane, Helicopter, Ultralight etc. There are different rules for each type. A Helicopter has NO ALTITUDE restriction. He can fly over your house at 150 mph at 100 feet as long as he can do a safe autorotation without UNDO harm to persons or property on the ground . There are ( As I was ) Crop-dusters, again , as you know fly lower than 400 feet. Even to & from the fields. An Airplane taking off on a personal private strip will also be below 400 feet on climb out. I build Ultralight engines for a living & I would say 50% of my customers never fly over 500 feet. I also did Helicopter Rides at Fairs for 10 years. I did a $10 ride around the fair & never flew over 500 feet. If somebody takes there Drone out to check out the fair be careful. I never flew over the Fair & was always out a 1/4 mile on the outskirts of the Fair Grounds. Right where a Drone Plot would think he's safe . Also flying a Ultralight is going to be more dangerous .
A ( SINGLE SEAT ) Ultralight can fly all day long at 100 feet. There not under the FAA rules. What does all this add up to ????? Just try to be careful & FLY SAFE !!!!!

Thanks for those tips, Rotax Rick. Out here where I fly, we also have to watch out for hang gliders and, if we're over the ocean, for kite surfers, because they sure aren't looking for us!

Reactions: trevornewkirk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.