Some questions

RPP

Reaction score
Website
www.parrikar.com
I am an experienced photographer but very new to the world of drones. I just purchased a DJI Phantom 4.

I would like some input on the following as I have never seen it explicitly mentioned in the literature I have read.

You can use both the sticks on the controller simultaneously during flight, am I correct? That is, I can make the craft go forward (right stick up) and up (left stick up) at the same time.

The reason I ask this is: one combination of the two sticks operation, namely bringing the sticks inward during flight, will result in the motors stopping and the craft falling out of the sky.

So one has to be careful during the two stick operation to not go near that particular combination.

Am I correct in the above observations?

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

You can use both the sticks on the controller simultaneously during flight, am I correct? That is, I can make the craft go forward (right stick up) and up (left stick up) at the same time.

Absolutely. They operate independent of each other.

The reason I ask this is: one combination of the two sticks operation, namely bringing the sticks inward during flight, will result in the motors stopping and the craft falling out of the sky.
OOps I didn't realize we were talking P4... See below.

*edited to correct a mistake I made and remove erroneous information I added*

Last edited:
Reactions: RPP
There is no two-stick movement that will stop the motors in flight. None. That is by design.

The craft knows by a variety of methods whether it is grounded or not.

As documented in the Phantom manual, this is the only way to stop the motors mid-flight:

CSC.png

Reactions: WilsonFlyer and RPP
Thank you, all, for the prompt replies. Terrific forum!

This topic has been discussed many times in the past. The CS movements are such that they are just not performed while flying. If I'm correct, descending while rotating slightly while flying backward and slightly to one side.

Can it happen? Yes. Will it happen? Extremely unlikely.

TIf I'm correct, descending while rotating slightly while flying backward and slightly to one side.
You are correct -- if you're flying a P3 ;)

So to summarize: based on msinger's link to the page on the manual, the only way to stop the motors mid-flight is to simultaneously bring the left stick inwards and press the RTH button.

There is no way to stop the motors in flight in the P4 with solely a two-stick move.

I actually thought this (double-stick inside) had been disabled on the P3 as well. Am I mistaken on that?

Last edited:
No, it's not possible. Please see the image I posted above.

I actually thought this (double-stick inside) had been disabled on the P3 as well. Am I mistaken on that?

Still works on the P3 at least it does on my P3P.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj