Some questions about Naza mode

Reaction score
I am thinking about going into Naza mode. I really only care about the IOC most specifically home lock.. From my understanding they are set to the S2 Switch. If I set it to the S2 switch will I still be able to toggle S2 to make the location of the Phantom a new home point?

ccase39, yes, in Naza mode, toggling the S2 switch from top-to-bottom 5 times will mark a new home point at your Phantom's current location.

This information is on page 18 of the DJI (P2V+) manual. If needed, you can download it from DJI's website.

dirkclod said:
Don't feed em ccase !

Flushed him. Enjoy it until he returns. If anyone suspects that he is back, just PM me. Thanks. ;)

msinger said:
ccase39, yes, in Naza mode, toggling the S2 switch from top-to-bottom 5 times will mark a new home point at your Phantom's current location.

OK, I may be confused, but I thought that was only the case is Phantom mode.
In Naza mode I thought the procedure to set a new home point was to toggle between CL and HL 5-8 times and leave in HL until the green lights flash on the rear arms ?

I thought that toggling from top to center,(course lock) multiple times, reset your forward track, while going from center to home lock would reset the home position. Does toggling top to bottom reset both home position and forward heading? I am a bit confused.

maynard said:
I thought that toggling from top to center,(course lock) multiple times, reset your forward track, while going from center to home lock would reset the home position. Does toggling top to bottom reset both home position and forward heading? I am a bit confused.

I am with you, providing the quad is in Naza mode.

Edit: and welcome to the forum :)

The operators manual refers you to the "naza manual but cant find it listed on dji website. also reference in operator manual page 46 under V+ assistant 2.1 has a caution about switching to naza mode before completion of advanced flight maneuvers. Doesn't say what, if anything, will happen or change if you do.
does anyone have access to the full naza reference materials?

plowboyflier said:
The operators manual refers you to the "naza manual but cant find it listed on dji website. also reference in operator manual page 46 under V+ assistant 2.1 has a caution about switching to naza mode before completion of advanced flight maneuvers. Doesn't say what, if anything, will happen or change if you do.
does anyone have access to the full naza reference materials?

Naza mode allows you to use IOC (course & home lock) and to reconfigure S1 for Fail-Safe or Manual flight modes. It will also change slightly the rear arm LED patterns.

If you 'went into' Naza Mode and left both S1 and S2 in their top position there would be no difference from the pilots perspective than in 'Phantom Mode' as far as control or response.

You'll find the manual here:
http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-v2/download
This plus the operator's manual for your model P2 is the full reference.

msinger said:

In Naza Mode.... "DO NOT toggle the switch between Off to Home Lock, since it may change the recording of the Forward Direction of Course Lock"
Quote from the NAZA manual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues