Some people may get upset over this shot!

Shouldn't common sense tell you to stay away from any location where you "may" interfere with air traffic? Why on god's green earth would you WANT to cause trouble? Do you really "need" a law?

I don't think we need a show of hands to tell how popular the idea is here. :shock:

Suwaneeguy said:
You got that right "jim". Mom and pop kind of place indeed.
Hell, this airport is purely a convenience thing for those flyers wanting to visit the area and not having to deal with the super big orlando field.
They might see like five or six flights a day if that many.

Wrong.

Suwaneeguy said:
Would someone kindly point out the exact, precise law I violated by taking this photo?
I said law, not guideline. Guidelines are not law.

This is where your ignorance seems to really shine. Read it yourself. If you are operating your drone within 5 miles of an airport without the airports management as well as the control towers permission, you are breaking the law.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspect ... -14948.pdf

Suwaneeguy said:
If my home is adjacent to the airport, it is not legal for me to fly my toy on my property?
I am again pointing out that the FAA has no authority on RCMA and has no authority below 700 feet.

Once again.... Wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-27-12-02-57-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-27-12-02-57-1.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 476
  • Screenshot_NormalAppImage(1).png
    Screenshot_NormalAppImage(1).png
    117.4 KB · Views: 526
ianwood said:
garrock said:
I there a control tower at that airport ???

Not all airstrips are treated the same for the 3 or 5 mile exclusion policy.

It doesn't matter. It's very simple: stay away from all airports.

I always stay away from airports.

However, as stated, there are differences in what is deemed an Airport.

We all should know more about that.

5 Miles does not apply to all airstrips.

Suwaneeguy said:
Would someone kindly point out the exact, precise law I violated by taking this photo?
I said law, not guideline. Guidelines are not law.
and you tried to accuse US of being wanna be attorneys ???

Suwaneeguy you are an idiot.
First thing I think when I see your boring photo is 'Wow, an airport. There could be planes around and I probably shouldn't be here'. Does that thought not cross your mind? Do you need an attorney to tell you that?
Do us all a favour and find another hobby.

Neil21? Kindly explain then how it is that one of those manned big birds would ever be in the same space as my little toy.
They don't just fly anywhere they **** well please. And when entering airport controlled airspace, they are under even more strict rules.So I don't think some Leer jet is gonna be within 50 feet of my toy. You're certainly not gonna see a big bird flying below treetop level either.
You do know they can be fined for flying below a certain altitude above ground?

As for the person who posted the thing about the FAA record stuff, those are like maximum seats allowed in a restaurant.
No this airport does not have 147 planes on the ground on any given day. I doubt if they have even 30 per day.

Suwaneeguy said:
Neil21? Kindly explain then how it is that one of those manned big birds would ever be in the same space as my little toy.

Uh, you were in THEIR space, don't you get that?!

Suwaneeguy said:
They don't just fly anywhere they **** well please. And when entering airport controlled airspace, they are under even more strict rules.So I don't think some Leer jet is gonna be within 50 feet of my toy.

Wrong again. All it takes is an airplane in the pattern to practice an emergency landing, which happens very frequently. Also, that airport has multiple instrument approaches, which is supposed to reserve and protect the airspace for those aircraft who are basically flying without any visual references.

As for your Leer jet comment.... You don't THINK? Or you KNOW they won't be close to your toy? After all, it's only human life and tons of bad media if you HAPPEN to be wrong....

Suwaneeguy said:
You're certainly not gonna see a big bird flying below treetop level either.
You do know they can be fined for flying below a certain altitude above ground?

Again, wrong. In the airport environment (which you were in) aircraft are permitted as low as they want during landing and takeoff procedures.

Suwaneeguy said:
As for the person who posted the thing about the FAA record stuff, those are like maximum seats allowed in a restaurant.
No this airport does not have 147 planes on the ground on any given day. I doubt if they have even 30 per day.

You obviously know SO MUCH about what you are doing.... We are all obviously wrong. I guess the FAA has it wrong too. Gotta say, I don't see many airports with multiple instrument approaches like this one without traffic to justify the expense of maintaining it.... Believe me, it's expensive.

Suwannee ... those laws, rules, regulations etc are only for people that are too dumb to work it out for themselves.
You're obviously much smarter than that so they don't apply to you.
You don't need to pay no attention to those city folks and wannabe lawyers with their edumacation.
Ignorance and arrogance is all you need.

Don't do this **** guys. I could go on for a while but for the sake of the pilots and people that operate near airports, don't be this guy.

The FAA put out guide lines for hobby aircraft flying and they say to be outside a 5 mile radius from ANY airport. Operating in Class D that is underlying class B is idiotic.

Are we allowed to call people a MORON or a BUFFOON on this forum?

Attachments

• BUFFOON W HAMMER 2.jpg
    BUFFOON W HAMMER 2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 297
I'm going to call it like it is.

You sir, are an idiot.

KISM is a towered airport, with instrument approaches, located INSIDE it's own class D controlled airspace, and encompassed in the Class B airspace for Orlando International.

The means in which you acquired your picture is illegal, and jeopardizing to our freedoms in this hobby.

QUIT BEING A *******!

And I am NOT a wannabe attorney either, I am a licensed pilot who does not appreciate your lack of respect for the rules, and regulations put it place to protect all of us both in the air and on the ground.

Quite frankly, I wish you had got caught.

Exactly.

it is my busiest time in the circuit. I am setting my airspeed, checking my fuel tank selection position, checking that I have brake pressure, watching for idiots and maintaining safe glide distantacne in case the donkey quits.

Stay out of airport airspace.

I'm going to call it like it is.

You sir, are an idiot.

KISM is a towered airport, with instrument approaches, located INSIDE it's own class D controlled airspace, and encompassed in the Class B airspace for Orlando International.

The means in which you acquired your picture is illegal, and jeopardizing to our freedoms in this hobby.

QUIT BEING A *******!

And I am NOT a wannabe attorney either, I am a licensed pilot who does not appreciate your lack of respect for the rules, and regulations put it place to protect all of us both in the air and on the ground.

Quite frankly, I wish you had got caught.
As your a pilot I'm sure you will report a near miss with you plane then [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic