Some Newbie Questions

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been tinkering with the Phantom Vision for about a month and truly love the hell out of it. But I have some questions that I haven't found on the forums. Please correct and educate me regarding the correct vocabulary, and/or missing topics already in the forums.

1) Is there any way to increase the quality of the live FPV view? I have increased the range by adding a new antennae (and am looking into some of the newer options) but the actual picture is terribly blurry (vs the saved pictures which are sharp and beautiful). I am using an Ipad.

2) On that topic-what allows the DJI Lightbridge to get such a crystal clear picture at such far ranges, and are the mod (transmitter, Main controller etc.) attempting to recreate that technology (Lightbridge) for cheaper?

3) No one seems to use the Ground Station option-is there a reason for that? Is it reliable?

4) On the 2.00 Upgrade the instructions indicate "Upgrade the main controller and central board firmware to the latest version" Is there an option somewhere to upgrade the different components. The assistant seems to handle the process but only indicates the main controller is updated.

I have many more questions but can't think of them presently. Any help appreciated.

ktarman said:
Hi All,

I've been tinkering with the Phantom Vision for about a month and truly love the hell out of it. But I have some questions that I haven't found on the forums. Please correct and educate me regarding the correct vocabulary, and/or missing topics already in the forums.

1) Is there any way to increase the quality of the live FPV view? I have increased the range by adding a new antennae (and am looking into some of the newer options) but the actual picture is terribly blurry (vs the saved pictures which are sharp and beautiful). I am using an Ipad. you can change the preview quality the highest setting is 640 x 480

2) On that topic-what allows the DJI Lightbridge to get such a crystal clear picture at such far ranges, and are the mod (transmitter, Main controller etc.) attempting to recreate that technology (Lightbridge) for cheaper?lightbridge is hd downlink

3) No one seems to use the Ground Station option-is there a reason for that? Is it reliable?not out for the vision yet

4) On the 2.00 Upgrade the instructions indicate "Upgrade the main controller and central board firmware to the latest version" Is there an option somewhere to upgrade the different components. The assistant seems to handle the process but only indicates the main controller is updated.

I have many more questions but can't think of them presently. Any help appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl