Some Litchi Questions

Reaction score
I'm starting to use Litchi more, and absolutely love it. I had some questions that their help/web site doesn't seem to answer, and wanted to know if anyone knew a good resource:

1. When designing your mission, are the altitude inputs relative to where the drone takes off, or is it sea level/something else?
2. I've read the very clear warning that P3S will not return to home if contact is lost in most of the Litchi modes (which is insane). To be clear, the drone will RTH if the signal is lost in a waypoint mode mission (unless you specify otherwise in the settings), correct? Having any drone sit and hover when contact is lost is absolute suicide, and that part of the Litchi/P3S combo is what makes me hesitate to send it out too far.
3. Any recommendations on using interpolation vs other methods, such as POI? I believe you have to manually input the gimbal angle using interpolation, so not sure how anyone would know that if they're designing the mission on their computer
4. Finally, is there a setting I'm missing for dynamic RTH? I don't want the drone to land where it took off from - I want it to land where it detects the RC is currently.

1. The former

2. I would research this futher. On my Litchi for P2 (an older version of Litchi), when connection is lost on a mission, it does not RTH and it does not hover. It continues and finishes the mission. Also, sometimes you don't want it to RTH. For example, in Follow Me, RTH would be a disaster after walking a mile.

I'm starting to use Litchi more, and absolutely love it. I had some questions that their help/web site doesn't seem to answer, and wanted to know if anyone knew a good resource:

1. When designing your mission, are the altitude inputs relative to where the drone takes off, or is it sea level/something else?
2. I've read the very clear warning that P3S will not return to home if contact is lost in most of the Litchi modes (which is insane). To be clear, the drone will RTH if the signal is lost in a waypoint mode mission (unless you specify otherwise in the settings), correct? Having any drone sit and hover when contact is lost is absolute suicide, and that part of the Litchi/P3S combo is what makes me hesitate to send it out too far.
3. Any recommendations on using interpolation vs other methods, such as POI? I believe you have to manually input the gimbal angle using interpolation, so not sure how anyone would know that if they're designing the mission on their computer
4. Finally, is there a setting I'm missing for dynamic RTH? I don't want the drone to land where it took off from - I want it to land where it detects the RC is currently.

3 = You can create a POI and select it for a given waypoint, plus Focus POI, that way Litchi will calculate the pitch angle.

After that, if you prefer you can select Interpolate and the angle will be there (and now the angle can be manually adjusted too).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers