some IOC questions

Reaction score
Hello...

First question about Home Lock in Naza mode: let's suppose My Phantom is far away at a "2 o'clock angle" to my nose; now I start pulling the stick back, it will come to me. but i noticed that if i keep pulling back, it will go flying behind my sholders on a "8 o'clock" angle.. in other words it approaches me till it's in front of me, but once it has flown over my head, it increases distance from me in the opposite direction.. is this nornal? I'm a little confused..

Second question.. does it happen to you that if signal is lost and RTH is triggered, even if you regain control, the IOC setting has lost and you are forced to fly as if IOC was OFF?

Adolfo

Once the aircraft is within 10 meters of the Home point it will revert to Course Lock mode. The exact orientation and heading will differ from flight to flight depending on the CL heading recorded during pre-flight warm-up.

With regards to second question, I have never actually tested it. Maybe others have.

Yes, hard to explain, search youtube.
When you pull back in HL, it'll come back to you up to a 10m distance, then if you keep pulling back, it'll automatically go into CL and continue reverse to whatever GPS lock orientation was, ie. if you took off with the front facing north, when it hits CL from HL, it'll continue south from whichever direction it returned from in HL.
I know it is confusing, but there's great videos on youtube on this topic.

Thanks Guys, it's a little messy indeed but I think i got it :) My main concern was knowing if that was kinda malfunction or was normal behavior..

Apart from this, referring to the second question, I find that the loss of CL settings upon regaining control after RTH is pretty annoying, if you decide NOT to land, from that moment on you'll have to fly whitout the aid of IOC, or acquire a new CL data by correctly orienting the Phantom again and then flipping the left hand switch for 5 times... really uncomfortable...

thanks again...
Adolfo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4