Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Some help before sending p3p back for repair again...

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by henick, May 17, 2016.

1. henick

Hi everyone. I had an issue where all of the screw posts in my 323b r/c disintegrated. Sent unit in but instead if fixing it they replaced it with a 323c ... and to add insult to injury, the new unit won't pair. In the go app, RC settings, link rc does not start the counter it's supposed to but instead says "confirm frequency?" then does nothing.

The rc was then manually paired using the button combination method. Looks to be ok but will not take off. DJI go app will not connect to drone. After switching to p3p on front screen the 'camera' button is grey and above says 'connect to drone'. -- so it doesn't see the unit. Pairing repeated with support on phone and now I have been instructed to ship it back to them again. I've already waited 3 weeks and I figure I'll see what you all know first.

I have 2 questions.

1.) Is the problem with the 323c because it's also CE compliant? Thus lower power? As opposed to what I already had 323b with the usb3 controller and only FCC compliant who are more forgiving than CE... ? They have already said they'll switch it for b if I choose. Why is it less power or is that a myth.

2.) They didn't send me a 4k controller did they?

The app has been reinstalled. USB debugging is on. Yaddayadda.

Any ideas before I send this sucker away again? It's warm out now and I haveny flown since snow :(

#1 henick, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  2. msinger

Approved Vendor

All P3 remote controllers are both CE and FCC compliant. The mode auto switches based on the current GPS location of the Phantom.

If you do not have a regular USB port on the back of the remote controller (as shown below), then you have a P34K remote controller.

P34K-RC.jpg

#2 msinger, May 17, 2016
  3. alokbhargava

I never saw a confirm frequency message on RC for P3A/P. I believe you have wrong RC.

4. henick

Ok full size USB is present. So it is the right one. The guy at support said the freq thing happens sometimes but usually begins countdown when you press ok. It does not. Should I be pushing for them to replace it with a b or even bother then? They already agreed pretty easily I think.

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

Are you sure you have the correct firmware installed on the remote controller?

6. henick

Yeah I'm trying to downgrade it to 1.3 then back up to 1.8 as a last step before giving up and saying send it.

I have 1.3 on a fresh format USB in the rc now trying to force it again with button combination way and it gives no indication of it happening. I'm about to give up :(.

At least they sent me a shipping label this time... to Canada they usually don't.

Brand new controller out of the box won't pair :(

7. Oso

Oso

Do you know the FW of the RC?

8. henick

Current fw says latest.

Downgrade won't start.

... or has ninja stealth

9. mcphipps

It seems that you do have it paired. Had the same problem after pairing my son P3S. It would not run. Had to re-register with DJI again and it worked fine. Also a side note here. I did replace the main board on the that bird also. Might be the reason to have to re-register. But I had the same symptoms after pairing as you did.

10. henick

Yeah the manual pair did work.. the light on unit turned solid green. Go app can't see bird though and it was a forced manual pair using the button combo and hard switch on VPs module. I didn't replace MB. Just warrantied rc.

11. henick

And to make it really strange. The camera feed works in vertical studio (ie. Via the API) but craft says takeoff failed when trying to CSC start engines. Go was reinstalled obviously and same result on another device just for fun.

I think msinger is close... I'm already barking up the downgrade upgrade tree if it'll work.

#11 henick, May 17, 2016
  12. mcphipps

Exactly the same thing I had as well. Camera worked, moved it up and down. Just would not start.

13. henick

I'll sign in and see what happens.. can't hurt I guess. Anything that helps save me 3 more weeks :(

So can somebody tell me if I should be pushing for a 323b back like I already had or is it even worth the headache? If I need to send it back again anyway...

14. sonof40

My experience was that DJI requested to send both the AC (minus the battery) and the RC even if the problem was with one of them.
    I assume so that they would test them together.

15. henick

Yeah that's what they want me to do this time. Just trying to find a way to make it work myself because I want to fly now...

16. henick

So quick update here... I woke up this am and attempted to mess around with reconnecting the rc before packing it up to ship after work today and when I turned it on it did about the same... turned it off again... and on again while the drone was powered up and an update popped up.

When trying to downgrade the previous night it gave no indication of starting but I left the USB in the port, went to bed and this is the result.

After the upgrade everything works fine again. I get roughly the same signal with the 323c as I had with the 323b (using parabolic antenna). Really wish I knew the specific difference with the 323c rc.

17. Oso

Oso

The 300A and 300B RCs both have the same power output for the control signal. It's only the 300C version of the RC that has reduced power. If you don't do any very long range flights, you probably wouldn't notice a difference with any of the versions in that regard.

The A has the DaVinci processor and USB 2.0. B and C don't have the internal video processor, but have USB 3.0.

The video transmitter is in the bird, and the power for that has been reduced with each new version of the Phantom. First reduced by 18% in relation to the original and then later by 30% in relation to the original.

Old Motors vs. New Ones

#17 Oso, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  18. henick

Ok I just needed to know about the c. The rest I'm good. So yeah I'll take their offer to swap it out.

Honestly though in a high interference sub division cluttered with 2.4 I get almost literally the same distance I did with the b.

I haven't had a chance to try it anywhere else. My bird didn't change though so that transmitter would be the same. I want it to go as far as possible whether or not I choose to use it.

Thanks.

#18 henick, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016