some clips from recent flights

Reaction score
Put this together the other day. Just some clips from recent flights. Nothing crazy, still getting used to piloting. I'll be going back to the lake before it thaws to work on skills some more. Looking forward to this stuff melting. It's been a long winter. We'll be in the Virgin Islands next week. Hoping to get some fun footage of sunny and warm things, tropical.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOkzPlhO9OI[/youtube]

p.s.
Watch the very end where I activate RTH. Too close to a tree and not high up enough. Busted prop and busted gimbal. Lesson learned.

poostik said:
p.s.
Watch the very end where I activate RTH. Too close to a tree and not high up enough. Busted prop and busted gimbal. Lesson learned.

I thought it was supposed to go up to 66 feet before heading home. Surely those trees were lower than that.

Encantador said:
poostik said:
p.s.

I thought it was supposed to go up to 66 feet before heading home. Surely those trees were lower than that.

I thought so too. That's the way that I interpret the documentation anyway. It did go up. Just not that high. I've thought about it a bit and have come up with some hypotheses but still not sure. I'll need some time in more open space to play with it. I'll probably end up out on the lake again before it thaws.

Also, I've asked in another thread if that was something that could be set (I'd set it to something higher, obviously), but doesn't seem like it's possible with the software. At least not w/o some hacking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav