[Solved] Where the heck is the FPV setting?

Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm having a great time learning my P4 and testing video. I've looked through all the DJI Go options, searched the forums and searched the internet. For the life of me, I cannot find where to change the gimbal mode to FPV (I think that looks better in videos). Can someone tell me how to access it, and more importantly give me a screen shot? I'd really appreciate it!

open dji go, open the settings (top right corner) then click on the camera icon towards the bottom and you will see gimbal mode is set to "Follow" if you click "Follow" you will be able to change it to "FPV"

Thanks, but I don't see a battery icon. I see, from top to bottom:
Quad symbol
Dot with right parens (visual navigation settings)
Remote control symbol
HD symbol
Battery-with-arrow symbol
Three dots symbol (general settings)

This is one of the reasons I was hoping someone would post a screen shot.

By the way I have DJI Go app version 2.8.0 if it makes any difference.

Thanks, but I don't see a battery icon. I see, from top to bottom:
Quad symbol
Dot with right parens (visual navigation settings)
Remote control symbol
HD symbol
Battery-with-arrow symbol
Three dots symbol (general settings)

This is one of the reasons I was hoping someone would post a screen shot.

By the way I have DJI Go app version 2.8.0 if it makes any difference.
Read what I posted again, you are looking for a camera icon

IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG

Perfect! Thanks a bunch for the great shots! One problem: that symbol is not on my version of that screen. It skips from Battery Status (battery plus arrow) to General Settings (three dots).

Is that one of those things where I have to be powered up and connected? (I'm at work looking at my phone)

Perfect! Thanks a bunch for the great shots! One problem: that symbol is not on my version of that screen. It skips from Battery Status (battery plus arrow) to General Settings (three dots).

Is that one of those things where I have to be powered up and connected? (I'm at work looking at my phone)
I am not connected for those screen shots either. which version of DJI Go do you have? I am using an iPad, maybe it is different for android.

For completeness' sake, here's what mine looks like. The camera icon is completely missing.

upload_2016-5-16_11-35-57.png

For the benefit of all good future Searchers out there who have the same question. I found the answer. The camera icon in the DJI Go app will *only* appear when you are connected to the aircraft. I tested this several times. I don't know why they did it that way, but there you have it...

I remote controller settings (next down from the quad icon) you can configure the buttons under the controller. You can have an FPV toggle there. Useful if you want the best of both.

Been reading this thread since I too cant get FPV to work in Go on ios 11 and with my p4 (non pro.) The ipad is a new mini4 128gb without gps.
The menus all look as above described BUT the view seems to ignore the FPV setting. It remains on its default view. Which is hardly helpful when so much fly time is spent with the camera's view on screen. My Android Galaxy phone on the other hand has these choices touch selectable on the screen. and gives a true FPV from the aircraft perspective when selected... why on earth have differences like this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20