Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Solved video signal reduced to 1/4 to normal range

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by unclebob, Feb 6, 2016.

1. unclebob

I have flown my DJI Phantom 3 Pro for over 5 months, maximum range with the 3d printed parabolic reflector is 4km. I could have flown further but couldn't due to not enough battery.

Last few weeks, I couldn't even flew pass 900m without getting Video Signal Weak warning and screen turned black. Flew at different locations is same.

Finally I unscrew the optical sensor, underneath the circuit board there are four antennae connectors. They look pretty tight. But I took them out and put them back on. Added hot glue on them just enough so I can remove the glue later without too much difficulties.

That solves the problem. So just want to report this so anyway can try this if they have similar issues.

P.S. no need to remove the top shell.

BTW I have a gimbal irratic movement issue. I had that for many months. This started to happen when I didn't fly it for a month. I tried put magnet close the compass and did imu calibration. That reduced the problem but does not solve it completely. I tried IMU calibration from the fridge but didn't work. If anyway can help me that would be great!

2. maxwell smart

Are you saying the video antennas are under the optical sensor,??

3. Fplvert

Have you done a gimbal calibration? Do it on a level surface. I do it right after the cold IMU calibration.

4. LarsR

The receiver board is under the optical sensor. The antennas is located inn the legs and connected to the receiverboard under optical sensor

5. Darmie

Can you take a picture of where you are talking about please? I've lost range myself. I"ll try anything.

6. lookin4pain

Photo would help, yes
    My range is limited a bit as well

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

7. Oso

Oso

Sounds like he is talking about the Lightbridge circuit board which is located directly under the VPS module.

Darmie likes this.
  8. Darmie

That's what I was thinking. I think tomorrow I'll take it apart and also the radio if i feel up to it and ensure there is nothing there to worry about.