[SOLVED] RC Signal Lost after update to firmware 1.08.0080

RESOLVED - RC SIGNAL LOST issue P3p after v1.08.0080 upgrade and unknown RC firmware showing on Go App about screen ??

I was just about to post this as new thread, but this seems to be same issue - I resolved by resetting RC with C1+C2+record+ISO wheel held down when powering on, this then allowed firmware 'downgrade' to 1.5.8 then Go app updated back to v1.6.0 and all is well again.

Details below in case this helps anyone else who is panicking - the critical part seems to be when RC version shows unknown in App, you need to do the 4 button reset to get out of this !

I was running v1.06.040 firmware on aircraft, and I think V1.5.7 on RC (haven't flown in a couple of months), so completed the aircraft upgrade to v1.08.0080 tonight by copying P3X file onto SD card, powering up phantom and waiting 15mins or so of red/green/red and beeping until completed. I then powered off aircraft and powered back up with my 2nd and 3rd batteries just to confirm no firmware changes - txt file on SD card confirms the aircraft upgrade was successful, so I figured I was all set.

I had already updated Go app on iPad Mini2 (iOS 9.2) to 2.8, so with aircraft powered off, I powered up transmitter, which prompted for RC update, so I clicked download and it installed successfully, but when I powered transmitter off/on again, the go app reported RC version 1.5.8 (not 1.6.0 as I expected).

When I power up the P3 I get video display/gimbal tilt control as normal, however 'RC Signal lost' is showing on screen and I cannot start motors ?
160506IMG_2553.jpg

I have deleted/re-installed the go app on iPad, which makes no difference. I checked about screen and now its showing RC/Aircraft version unknown ?
160506IMG_2555.jpg

I had seen the warning for Phantom4 about firmware updating issue with RC signal lost, but mine is a Phantom3 and I completed the aircraft update first and confirmed successful before doing anything to RC so I am stumped now. I saw the instructions to downgrade RC version by holding the 'hat' icon for 5 seconds, but this gives a screen which shows GL300 RC current version unknown with no options to do anything, which makes me think the transmitter firmware is corrupted.
160506IMG_2556.jpg

After some googling/checking with shop I got this from, I was advised to power off RC then hold C1+C2+Record+ISO wheel down then power on RC (this is some kind of reset), this gives a cyan status LED, then starting go app, in intro screen holding hat icon for 5 seconds I was able to download/install RC 1.5.8 successfully (no other firmware versions to choose from), then after restarting RC, Go App shows firmware update required and successfully downloaded/installed RC v1.6.0 and I once again have connection to the P3p to my huge relief.

I can only imagine the initial RC firmware update, despite showing completed, had a glitch on the restart which caused this issue, so only posting in case anyone else see's this and is tearing their hair out like I was.

Last edited:
RESOLVED - RC SIGNAL LOST issue P3p after v1.08.0080 upgrade and unknown RC firmware showing on Go App about screen

Went through the same nightmare. This is the right way to solve the issue.
0) If RC is stuck with cyan light, try the button combo on the RC, as described in the post. Helped here.
1) Roll back to 1.5.8 on RC using Academy icon long press
2) Make sure that aircraft is on 1.8.80
3) Delete and reinstall Go app
4) Finally download 1.6 again and install

Pretty poor set up on the DJI Go App then.

When you go to the app and see your firmware is out of date (I don't hawk the forum often so it sometimes a surprise), then instinctively tap the update button for your controller, you will have done it wrong right away. The firmware update process either needs to not be so nuanced or they need to stop allowing updates from the app (which I enjoy having except for this time).

Matt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj