Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional [SOLVED] P3P no connecting to app via Androif Kitkat 4.4 (was fine)

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Nick Goss, May 17, 2016.

1. Nick Goss

I know this has come up before but after checking various threads this seems to be a new issue.

Yes USB debugging is turned on via developer options in settings.

I've had my P3 Pro for a while now working fine. I had put it away for around 4 months. I pulled out my android tablet and P3 pro tonight to do all the updates ready for a fly tomorrow.

The p3 controller now will no longer connect to the Android Kitkat 4.4 DJI GO app.

I have investigated and it appears Kitkat has had an update where it changes the USB port to charging instead of data. When I plug the controller into the tablet it does start charging and the app won't register that the controller is connected.

I had a read around about trying to change the setting and I was only able to find very complicated command line stuff for changing the settings on a phone and I am not familiar with Andoid to that extent. I have spent hours going through all the settings screens with no luck.

Surely other Andoid users have come across this? I am not going to go buy an iPad just because of an Andoid hidden setting. I will sell the Phantom 3 pro if it comes to that. Every time I turn this thing on I end up spending hours trying to get it going in a bit over it at the moment :(

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

After opening DJI GO, try swiping down from the top of the screen. You should see an option to change the USB setting.

3. Nick Goss