[SOLVED] P2V+ Motherboard LED?

Reaction score
Hi there!

(First post in this forum, welcome, thank you!)

There is a LED on the motherboard inside of the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ that doesnt light up att all.
Should it? Colors? Meanings?

Some hints:
- The P2V+ dont work after a crash.
- Wifi between extender and Phantom doesnt work (Phantom Connection Lost).
- RC-receiver binds with the radio, but cant do anything with the radio, not even ARM.
- Wifi between Android-phone and extender works fine.
- Front right ESC-LED lights RED = Error.
- Camera LED is GREEN.
- Camera takes photos and films (when pressing the button on the gimbal, pictures stores on micro-SD).
- GImbal is stabilizing on its own, works ok.
- ESC-LEDs works.
- Motors beeps as they would = probably works.
- Wifi-module is changed, no difference.
- Have tried to rebind with bind-button on Extender, no difference.
- The RC-receiver and "Naza" got power (5.5V).

Re: P2V+ Motherboard LED?

Do you have a picture of it? Is it on the receiver and not the actual mainboard?

Hmm, no idea. I'll take a look next time I have my shell off.

I don't think there is an LED on the main board.
WHERE DO YOU THINK IT IS ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 22.28.43.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 22.28.43.png
    379.7 KB · Views: 932

There is an LED on the mainboard just to the right of the big IC. I haven't noticed it operating myself, though. (But I haven't much powered up the Phantom with the shell open, either.)

As far as your actual problem, you should hook the Phantom up to a computer and run the Phantom Assistant to see if it can give you any clues.

I believe it lights up when you press the reset button....giving you an indication to rebind to the controller....

RichWest:
Reset-button? Where? Do you mean the bind-button under the receiver under the mainboard that (little hole under the Phantom):
- blinks red when there is no connection to the radio
- blinks orange in bind-mode
- off when connected to radio
I still mean another LED, surface mounted double-LED on the mainboard (upper side, under the upper shell).

CityZen: Exactly that one! =)

RobinB: It looks like a LED to me and it flashes once in orange very weakly at startup.

Anyway, I should do this...
- Take a photo or mark on a photo where the LED is
- Open up the other P2V+ I got yesterday and take a look (if it lights up, I still dont know what that means though)
- Connect the Phantom to a computer as CityZen says. =)

Big thanks, so far!

Nope... the LED is the same on the other P2V+ I just opened (which have the same camera-problem).

At this point, I have two DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ that dont work properly.

FIRST ONE (the one above):
- Have connected to Assistant through USB and upgraded all (not the bin in the camera using microSD).
- Motors didnt work, after calibrating RC one of them works. Three ESCs beeps very low and motors wont work.
- Have calibrated GPS and compass
- Cant View the switches in the Assistant (works on the other one), they arent there at all
- Still gets the problem in my Samsung Galaxy Note II Android 4-app: "Phantom Connection Lost" although it binds perfectly with the Extender.

SECOND ONE:
- This one flies good
- Same problem ans the FIRST ONE: Gets the problem in my Samsung Galaxy Note II Android 4-app: "Phantom Connection Lost" although it binds perfectly with the Extender.

Many problems... =) Dont know where to start.

SOLVED!

FIRST ONE:
One ESC dead, Two ESC not working well (motor beeps very low). All motors and motherboard outputs to motors works. Changing them soon.
The problem with the app, I didnt bind the right MAC-address. ;-)

SEDOND ONE:
Same app-problem as the above. Wrong MAC-adress.
Why? Because the fields text are stupid. Camera bound = Enter Extender MAC-address. And New Camera = Enter Wifi-module MAC-adress.
This one flies and works fine. ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31