SOLVED! -Not able to signin/connect Samgsung phone

Reaction score
So I sold my P2V+ to my friend. I had been using an iPhone 4S no problems with the aircraft for 1 1/2 years other than having lost live feed image on my iphone everything else was there and worked fine - flew it today in fact.

But my friend has a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2.1 which of course he wants to use to run the DJI Vision app. So we successfully loaded the DJI Vision app on his Samsung from the Google play store.

I had loaded the latest RC assist, Phantom assistant and DJI WIN Drivers software from DJI website earlier today on his computer and registered a username and password through the DJI website. We signed in no problem on both Assistant apps and successfully connected the RC and also the aircraft to their respective assistants.

1) exited both assistant apps, turned everything off and disconnected from PC.
2) turned on the RC, turned on WIFI extender, powered up the aircraft.
3) went to settings on Samsung phone, turned off access to all other wifi in vicinity, chose to connect to Phantomxxxxxx. Showed connected to Phantomxxxxxx.
4) started DJI Vision app on Samsung. Go past tips pages, gets to "Register" or "Login" page. Choose "Login", enter username and password hit blue arrow in top right corner for done.
5) Error: Network not available. Tried several times same thing. Always it shows in settings that wifi is connected to Phantomxxxx wifi with full signal

What am I missing?
Do I have to do some sort of initializing setup because we switched from iphone to a Samsung Android ?

Note: I had my iphone in my pocket all along and thought it may have been connecting wifi with the extender
so I turned off wifi on my iphone, ran through the startup procedure again and still same problem after hitting the login button in the DJI Vision app on my friends Samsung Android.

Last edited:
SOLVED!!!
Turns out on the Samsung you have to turn off cellular data and have only wifi connection to the internet and indeed for the first time logging on to the DJI Vision app, all the phantom equipment must be turned off - eg. wifi extender off, aircarft off, and RC off. Once logged in to the DJI App you will stay signed in. You can now start all Phantom equipment up and start app and you will be connected!

Last edited:
Reactions: kirk2579
Glad you were able to figure this out. I too went from IOS to Android, but the Android was not cellular. The app I use (Litchi) needed to connect the first time with wifi, and all worked great right away.

Anyway, thank you for posting your solution, it is sure to help others facing the same issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31