SOLVED: New P3S Controller wont Link

Reaction score
Brand new controller right from DJI and I cannot get it to link properly. I go through the linking process and the controller light turns green (eventually) however the drone LED remains red. When I open the app I see an image from the camera but I immediately get the "Signal Lost" error. So.....

I pull out my old controller and relink it.. No problem whats so ever. Links almost immediately.

What am I missing here? Do I need to update the FW for this new controller? I cant seem to find any FW version on the controller its self. Do I some how need to have the drone "forget" my old controller? If so, how?

No one??? I should add that the video link works fine. It appears that in part the problem lies with the 5ghz uplink. I did notice though that the FW version that shows up in the "About..." screen is v1.2.n however, relinking the old remote, this version number is v1.7.n I assume II somehow need to get this new controller up to v1.7.n but I have no idea how.

I don't know how to upgrade FW on controller only. You'll have to google it. But that is definitely why they are not linking.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't know how to upgrade FW on controller only. You'll have to google it. But that is definitely why they are not linking.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yeah, there has to be a way obviously. I mean I cant be the only one who added/replaced a controller. What scares me is that DJI (forum) support seems stumped :(

I bit the bullet and upgraded (using my old controller) to V1.8.n It was actually quite painless. It didnt help me at all with the new controller. I am starting to think I have a dud. Everything I read is that linking a replacement/new controller is a simple matter of following the link steps documented. I tried both via the Go App or by pressing the link button on drone and toggle the s2 switch while holding the gimble. Both methods appear to work as the rc LED light turns green and a live video feed appears but there is no uplink. The link button on the drone stays solid red. When the link works as it should this button/led becomes green.

Really makes me mad that a brand new out of the box directly from DJI does not work. I avoided buying a used controller to avoid this problem. How did that work out for me :(

Really makes me mad that a brand new out of the box directly from DJI does not work. I avoided buying a used controller to avoid this problem. How did that work out for me :(

That's what I do, and that's why I do it. I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles, I hope you get the answer you need and if I come across anything in the meantime I'll be sure to forward it.

Now to convince DJI to send me a replacement. That will take dozens of emails responding to stupid ideas like "Have you powered on your controller?" "Make sure your antenna is oriented properly" etc, etc... I usually have my wife deal with support folks because I all too often lose my cool. :)

Now to convince DJI to send me a replacement. That will take dozens of emails responding to stupid ideas like "Have you powered on your controller?" "Make sure your antenna is oriented properly" etc, etc... I usually have my wife deal with support folks because I all too often lose my cool. :)

Sounds to me like you're not holding your tongue correctly.[emoji57]

Yay...... Problem solved... I had just about given up particularly after upgrading to the latest FW which appeared to do nothing for my new controller. Later today I decided to try one more thing using the FW installed on my SD card. Never got that far. Once I turned on the drone and remote the app said there was an update . Really? II thought everything was done. I decided to proceed anyway and voila... the remote started to flash and beep and within 30-40 seconds everything was done. Everything was working.

I really don't know how I would have solved this problem if I had not updated the drone FW or if there was no FW to update .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yay...... Problem solved... I had just about given up particularly after upgrading to the latest FW which appeared to do nothing for my new controller. Later today I decided to try one more thing using the FW installed on my SD card. Never got that far. Once I turned on the drone and remote the app said there was an update . Really? II thought everything was done. I decided to proceed anyway and voila... the remote started to flash and beep and within 30-40 seconds everything was done. Everything was working.

I really don't know how I would have solved this problem if I had not updated the drone FW or if there was no FW to update .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Now it sounds like you took my advice, and held your tongue correctly. Glad that I helped!

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic