SOLVED! Loud beeping and don't know why...

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me...about to loose my mind over this -.-

Opened my Phantom 2 and installed the following hardware:

- iOSD Mini
- FrSky X8R receiver for my Taranis Plus

Everything worked fine but then I decided to change some things so I can fit
everything inside and not having the receiver and the iOSD hanging around the outside.
I moved the gimbal anti interference board inside too, hooked everything back up
and now I get the really loud beep and no start up frequency when powering up.

Everything works fine: I have my FPV picture on my monitor, also the iOSD overlay, gimbal tilt
control works and when I connected to my computer all other controls and even switching
in between flight modes or activating the failsafe works with no problem.

I just can't arm the motors and the beeps start out as one single beep but are actually 4
which I can hear after some time because they loose sync.

My guess is there must be some wire loose, but I checked everything and can't find a
loose or broken connection anywhere. Checking continuity is nearly impossible, since all the solder joints
are made non conductive with some transparent paint or glue...

What could be wrong here?

Hi NeinTailedFox

I had a similar problem when I fit a mini ISOD to my Phantom 2, turned out that when I unplugged the NAZA cables to give me a bit of room to work, I incorrectly plugged the cable in to the NAZA wrong, I had plugged it into the front L/H side socket top row, it should have been front L/H side bottom row, (or something similar) moved it now all good, hope this helps..
Seasons Greetings
Waylander

Hi NeinTailedFox

I had a similar problem when I fit a mini ISOD to my Phantom 2, turned out that when I unplugged the NAZA cables to give me a bit of room to work, I incorrectly plugged the cable in to the NAZA wrong, I had plugged it into the front L/H side socket top row, it should have been front L/H side bottom row, (or something similar) moved it now all good, hope this helps..
Seasons Greetings
Waylander

OH MY FREAKIN GOD:eek:!!!

Thank you so much.... I thought I remembered it was the middle row but you where right, it was the bottom row. I was just about to take this whole thing completely apart! Been sitting here for hours trying to figure it out.... :D

OH MY FREAKIN GOD:eek:!!!

Thank you so much.... I thought I remembered it was the middle row but you where right, it was the bottom row. I was just about to take this whole thing completely apart! Been sitting here for hours trying to figure it out.... :D
No worries... happy flying

Reactions: dougmckenzie
No worries... happy flying
Two and a half years later and you just helped solve my problem as well! I now photograph every wire before I move it and keep them all in a folder so that if I forget after opening her up and leaving it for a few days I can see how it was before I started working.
I used to do that when working on cars so I don't know why I didn't think to do the same on multirotors..
Anyway, my (belated) thanks as well, Waylander.

Two and a half years later and you just helped solve my problem as well! I now photograph every wire before I move it and keep them all in a folder so that if I forget after opening her up and leaving it for a few days I can see how it was before I started working.
I used to do that when working on cars so I don't know why I didn't think to do the same on multirotors..
Anyway, my (belated) thanks as well, Waylander.
Hi dougmckenzie
Sorry for delay in replying, I've been on vacation and did not pick up mail
I'm glad to be of help to you, in the same way I have also been helped, by others here on the forum
Regards Waylander

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20