[Solved] iPad mini 2 not usable?

Reaction score
Got a friend here who's trying my iPad mini 2 to potentially buy it to use with his P4 due to instabilities on android... but we can't get it to connect to the RC, "enter camera view" never comes up.

I also have an iPhone 6s and an iPad Pro 12" here that connect instantly without issue. Everything is on latest iOS and DJI GO app versions. 2 cables tried. iPad Mini 2 freshly reset, twice.

No issues either with a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Is there a known issue with the Mini 2 and P4??

There shouldn't be, It's one of their "compatible" models:
ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Yeah, really weird...

Doing a full system restore on the iPad now instead of "just" a wipe, who knows...

Have you tried a different cable? Also make sure you are connected to the internet.

Yup as I said 2 cables, and it was of course connected.

But the full system restore seems to have worked. Who knows, maybe Apple "forgot" something in the successive OTA update somewhere in the past 2 years...

Wait, you have to have an internet connection to fly a Phantom???
:eek:
The first time connecting to the app you need it to be connected to the internet to register it.

Yup as I said 2 cables, and it was of course connected.

But the full system restore seems to have worked. Who knows, maybe Apple "forgot" something in the successive OTA update somewhere in the past 2 years...
Cool, glad you're up and running.

The first time connecting to the app you need it to be connected to the internet to register it.
Oh, good.:grimacing:
Gonna say my iPad doesn't have cell service.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik