[SOLVED] Internal Flight Log not Recorded when using Litchi ???

Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE : I AM TALKING ABOUT INTERNAL FLIGHT LOG INSIDE THE QUAD (FLYXXX.DAT). DON'T BE CONFUSED WITH THE APPS FLIGHT LOG.

========================================

Hi Guys,

Had Phantom 3 standard for about 3 months,
and i tried to use Litchi since last week.
With all pros and cons i experience, i want to ask
wether this internal FlyLog data is not recorded when we use Litchi ???
I have confirmed all FLYXXX.DAT here only contains data when i use DJI.GO.
I thought this internal data is always be produced on every single flight regardless Apps.

Sorry if i ask something lame, but i've search this forum and google didn't find any info about this.
And i am wondering how do you guys analyze any flyght with Litchi.....

Thankyou ....

Litchi_NoFlyLog.jpg

Last edited:
You should have DAT flight logs for flights made while using Litchi. You'll also have a CSV flight log in "LitchiApp/flightlogs" folder on your mobile device.

Hi Guys,

I thought this internal data is always be produced on every single flight regardless Apps.

Sorry if i ask something lame, but i've search this forum and google didn't find any info about this.

Thankyou ....

View attachment 65226
I'm pretty sure if you're looking for flight logs within the Go app, only the Go app logs would be there. And the Litchi logs would be in a folder on your device.
You can also use: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

You should have DAT flight logs for flights made while using Litchi. You'll also have a CSV flight log in "LitchiApp/flightlogs" folder on your mobile device.
Thankyou for your reply msinger,
1. As you can see in my attached screenshot above, there is no flyxxx.dat on the date (sept 20) i was flying with litchi. The one existing is the dat produced when i started the quad with dji.go in order to enter data flight mode, no fly at all.
2. Yes, i realize there is local flight log in my android device, do you think it records flight data when the quad is disconnected? I use litchi for waypoints mission out of RC signal coverage.

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm pretty sure if you're looking for flight logs within the Go app, only the Go app logs would be there. And the Litchi logs would be in a folder on your device.
You can also use: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Thank you for your reply.
The flight log i am talking about is those recorded inside the internal memory of the quad (FLYxxx.DAT). I am not talking about other flight log which is recorded inside the apps folder.

Why i prefer to use the DAT from the quad's internal memory, is because it should always recording all flight data even when the quad is being disconnected due to RC signal coverage.

Do you think those flight logs inside mobile device is recording the whole travel of the quad including when disconnected / out of RC's signal coverage? If it does record, what value should be writen on it since there is no telemetry data received from the quad? All zeroes??

I think my question was preety clear, but this is the second answer that points me to the apps flight record which is you assuming the quad never out of RC's signal coverage.

Thanks for the answers anyway. . .

The reason is because these are the flight logs almost everyone is concern about, and your first post didn't mention it was only the drone's logs you were seeking. Except for two words " internal data", and there was no mention of log data during telemetry lose concern, so it wasn't that clear. There are logs on the drone itself, mostly for DJI's use. I know of one site that you should be able to upload those logs for viewing.
Here's the "how to" page: http://support.dronesmadeeasy.com/hc/en-us/articles/206171443

The reason is because these are the flight logs almost everyone is concern about, and your first post didn't mention it was only the drone's logs you were seeking. Except for two words " internal data", and there was no mention of log data during telemetry lose concern, so it wasn't that clear. There are logs on the drone itself, mostly for DJI's use. I know of one site that you should be able to upload those logs for viewing.
Here's the "how to" page: http://support.dronesmadeeasy.com/hc/en-us/articles/206171443
Sorry my bad, i think i should edit the tittle of this thread. . .

Anyway, i was doing flight analysis with those internal FLYxxx.DAT and further processed with DATCON and DASHWARE many times rather than using those produced by the apps, since i only have P3standard which is very limited range compared to advanced and professional. So there will be solid and more reliable telemetry in my opinion.

So back to topic, is it really unable to get those internal flightlog (DAT) when the quad fly using litchi??

is it really unable to get those internal flightlog (DAT) when the quad fly using litchi??
The DAT flight logs should be on the internal memory card.

The DAT flight logs should be on the internal memory card.
Yes i know. Please look at the attached screenshot on the begining of this thread. That is the internal memory card.

The question is, why there is no dat log when i fly with litchi??? All contained there is dat log when i fly with dji.go.

Other than what I've already said above? No.

What day did you use litchi?
I think internal data is recorded for how long drone in power on and everytime it is powered on.
Even if you only power on the drone and didnt connect the rc...

PLEASE NOTE : I AM TALKING ABOUT INTERNAL FLIGHT LOG INSIDE THE QUAD (FLYXXX.DAT). DON'T BE CONFUSED WITH THE APPS FLIGHT LOG.

I HAVE TO WRITE THIS NOTE HERE BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO EDIT THIS THREAD TITTLE.

========================================

Hi Guys,

Thankyou ....

View attachment 65226
The method that the P3 uses to attach a date/time to a FLYXXX.DAT can sometimes produce screwy results. The P3 gets the date/time from the RC. If it can't for some reason then it just uses the last date/time that it has. Take a look at FLY224.DAT and see if that's the one you want. An easy way to do that is use DatCon to first produce a .kml and then view that .kml.

Reactions: sinxa and BigAl07
What day did you use litchi?
I think internal data is recorded for how long drone in power on and everytime it is powered on.
Even if you only power on the drone and didnt connect the rc...

Thankyou ftomas,

Yes i realize the quad will record every time powered on even without fly. Thats why my screenshot shows DAT on (sept 20) which is produced when i turned it on in order to access internal flight record. But why i can't find the DAT that should be exist because i have flew it using litchi at the same day couple minutes before.

Last edited:
The method that the P3 uses to attach a date/time to a FLYXXX.DAT can sometimes produce screwy results. The P3 gets the date/time from the RC. If it can't for some reason then it just uses the last date/time that it has. Take a look at FLY224.DAT and see if that's the one you want. An easy way to do that is use DatCon to first produce a .kml and then view that .kml.

Thankyou budwalker,
Your answer enlight me. Never thought about it.
If you're correct, i have to short this folder view based on filename to find the DAT i want. Beside that, i am gonna check FLY224.DAT as you say right away. . . Thanks.

Hi BudWalker,

You're my hero... ;):D i just realize that you're the creator of DATCON.
No wonder you solve my problem accurately . . . .

Here is the result of FLY224.DAT

Litchi_Dashware.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers