[Solved] Help diagnose gimbal after crash

Reaction score
Hello,

I would appreciate your help diagnosing this gimbal:
This behaviour began after a crash in a badly planned mission.
You can see the video of the mission and crash here if you are curious:
I already recalibrated remote control and IMU and, in the first video, you can see sensors status which I don't know if are normal.
Gimbal status reads "normal" even though it's not possible to calibrate it resulting in an error.
My shell broke so I already order another but I mainly disassembled it because I wanted to see if there was a disconnected cable or anything. All seems normal.
I also disassembled the gimbal and reconnected every cable (cable doesn't seem to be cut or damaged).
I don't want to buy another gimbal if I don't know where the problem resides cause they are not cheap at all...
Note: It also happens with the GPS unit connected.

EDIT: New video of gimbal working on almost every direction. Video streaming is also fine and recording too.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Were you controlling it when it crashed? Before that, it looks that you kept pushing on the right stick to full speed back and forth since we see your prop guards come in frame a lot. As for your gimbal issue, did you see if something is no longer aligned? Like the pin (don't know what it's called) that attaches the arm with the motor.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Were you controlling it when it crashed? Before that, it looks that you kept pushing on the right stick to full speed back and forth since we see your prop guards come in frame a lot. As for your gimbal issue, did you see if something is no longer aligned? Like the pin (don't know what it's called) that attaches the arm with the motor.

Thanks for your reply. I was not controlling it when it crashed. It was running a programmed waypoint Litchi mission. In fact, it ran it twice because the first time I forgot to record and I had to launch it again and then it crashed. The gimbal seems physically fine and it doesn't have any scratches or evident damage. The drone was also upside-down when I found it.

Hmmm...you'd better check your Litchi mission. It is odd that the pitch behaves like that unless it was a very windy day. I was referring to the internals of the gimbal. If something is not aligned and it is grinding, that could explain the camera behavior.

That was an awesome and very smooth video up until the crash. Sorry man, I hope you get your gimbal working. I would like to see more of your work.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmmm...you'd better check your Litchi mission. It is odd that the pitch behaves like that unless it was a very windy day. I was referring to the internals of the gimbal. If something is not aligned and it is grinding, that could explain the camera behavior.

In fact it began to rain just after I realized the drone was not coming back so I guess it was the wind.
This is the Litchi mission: Mission Hub - Litchi
If I had reviewed it in their site I would have noticed I has too close to the ground. Shame on me.
Gimbal seems ok internally too. I watched some gimgal repair videos where they explained how everything has to be aligned and it seems fine. It still works except for that horizontal movement. I don't know if it could be a sensor.

That was an awesome and very smooth video up until the crash. Sorry man, I hope you get your gimbal working. I would like to see more of your work.

Thank you very much, all credit goes to the Litchi app and its waypoint missions because I'm quite a noob.

Can you control the gimbal pitch? If so, will it go all the way down to -90 deg?

Yes I can and it goes down and up without any problems.
Also the gimbal's arm slight movement when using left or right control in the remote is gone, it just shakes constantly like in the first video.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj