[SOLVED] Battery problem -> Land

Reaction score
I flew a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ a week ago.

After flying for 5 minutes a message entered on the screen "Battery problem" or failed, I dont remember. And "Please land immediately" or something like that. Front LEDs was red and the other on the rear arms blinked red. I flew back, landed and disarmed. No message left. What happened? The battery got the latest firmware. Three green LEDs where light up when I landed.

Re: Battery problem -> Land

plug your quad into computer and you should see more information in the assistant software.

I will do that. Anyway, have anyone got this error?

I saw it once, but never again after that. It seems there might be a glitch somewhere in the software.

Always a good idea to screen record so you can do a post flight analysis if necessary. I'm on iOS and use a programme called reflector to duplicate my phone screen onto a mac. Then I record all of the flight on the mac so I can look at it later. I've had a few brief (not serious) warnings flash on screen - connection lost - but I didn't see them as I was looking at the aircraft directly. If I hadn't recorded the screen, I'd have never known about it.

Also good for seeing post-flight whether satellites dropped below six, whether they drop on video recording or any other issues that might be missed.

And, if you want to step up your game even more, get Flytrex Live to record your flight data (even when you're not shooting video).

MickeM said:

After flying for 5 minutes a message entered on the screen "Battery problem" or failed, I dont remember. And "Please land immediately" or something like that. Front LEDs was red and the other on the rear arms blinked red. I flew back, landed and disarmed. No message left. What happened? The battery got the latest firmware. Three green LEDs where light up when I landed.

Maybe this has something to do with what happened to me!!! I flew my P2V+ around 6-7 minutes and landed, then a minute or two later I took off again. After being up for about 15 seconds my Phantom shot straight up in the air pretty high and then flew south for a short distance. I ran after it so I could see what was happening. I never had an error message on my screen, but I was worried my unit was flying away so I switched off the RC to activate the fail-safe mode. Then it said "coming home" began slowly descending and shut-off in mid-air!!! It tumbled to the ground and broke, and is now on it's way back to DJI. The interesting part is the that my battery also had THREE GREEN LED's after the crash, indicating to me that it was still holding more than enough charge!!

If you know you have more than enough juice, cancel the RTH. RTH can be cancelled by the right toggle, switch down to failsafe/ATTI and backup to gps and fly her back.

MickeM said:

It sounds like a battery issue.. Did the low battery alert come on when the battery was >30%? Did your PV2+ start descending automatically? These are 2 signs I've experienced due to problematic batteries (<30 flights on battery).

I have to test again. Both batteries had around 50% left (discharged 50%).
One battery are used only twice (new one) and the other was used 26 times.
Dont know which it was... new test incomnig weekend.

It was probably "Battery communication error", which happens occasionally and normally rights itself. The drone will carry on behaving normally despite the message onscreen, but as it will be unsure of the battery level until it rights itself, then you should ensure you don't fly it anywhere near to running out of juice. Check the small pins that make contact with the battery (not the big power lugs, the small pins above it).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl