[SOLVED] Battery: Change cell-pack <-> electronics?

Reaction score
Is there any dont's about changing the cellpack with another?
That is... I got two batteries, one with faulty cellpack, and one with faulty electronics.
Can I change? Im used to weldning (two cables only). Im aware of the fire hazard.

Another question... the first battery is a original DJI 5200mAh LiPo and the other is a 5400 mAh Ttongr-LiPo.

I would discharge these and throw them, but the owner really wants one to work.

Re: Battery: Change cell-pack <-> electronics?

My original battery that came with my bird flashed on my screen during today's flight "battery error" bad cell. It has 50 flights on it. Battery percentage life says 91%. I purchased it back In June of 2015. Thought battery would last longer but obviously not.
I have 4 more. All solid, and one of the four I just recently purchased from limefuel. Which by the way is a solid battery with 12 month warranty. Of course, I will not connect it to the assistant software. I plan to buy a few more of their batteries especially new one coming soon.

I have now experience with replacing cell packs in batteries but I wouldn't take the chance. Just get a new one or maybe see if batteries still under warranty

Re: Battery: Change cell-pack <-> electronics?

You are right. It is a bit risky to change electronic boards between two batterypacks that arent working well (although the cells are good at around 3.8V/cell).

I can confirm it works! Just swaped a bricked Ttongr electronics with a original DJI one froma "dead" battery. All you need is TO SWAP THE GROUND AND DATA AROUND as Ttongr has them reversed! Now my 5400mah Ttongr with stock DJI electronics works perfect with LATEST PHANTOM firmware!!!

Reactions: Flying_Doctor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1