SOLVED! Bad GPS module???

Reaction score
Hi..

I'm kind a flustrated now, last week I noticed my phantom wont go into GPS mode, I pluged it into the assistant software, and I noticed a message saying "GPS NEEDED" and the compas raw data is all saying 0 0 0. The GPS function is currently deactivated due to lack og GPS/compas input.

So I ordered a new compas with a new wire, but my problems are still there.

Have checked all wireing connections and pins, all the way from the compas up to gps module and down to naza.

have also run both advanced and basic calibration, and downgrade of naza firmware, but nothing helps.

Is my GPS module ******? its kind a expencive to replace it :(

I appriciate any help

Re: Bad GPS module???

The GPS module has a small battery attached to it, you'll need to gently pull away the grey foam in the lid of the Phantom to expose the GPS board and find the battery. It's been known to come loose or fall out, and without it the GPS won't work.

OI Photography said:
The GPS module has a small battery attached to it, you'll need to gently pull away the grey foam in the lid of the Phantom to expose the GPS board and find the battery. It's been known to come loose or fall out, and without it the GPS won't work.

thank you I'll put that in mind, but I did figure out what was wrong, it was the grounding cable beween naza and gps module. DJI has put som glue on connections on the gps module, I removed it and mesured continuity on all 4 wires, and there was no connection on the brown wire. I stripped the wire down and found the breakage, reattach the wire into the connector + new heatshrink, and now my GPS is up and running :)

Quattro1 said:
OI Photography said:

thank you I'll put that in mind, but I did figure out what was wrong, it was the grounding cable beween naza and gps module. DJI has put som glue on connections on the gps module, I removed it and mesured continuity on all 4 wires, and there was no connection on the brown wire. I stripped the wire down and found the breakage, reattach the wire into the connector + new heatshrink, and now my GPS is up and running :)

Awesome, glad you got it resolved! Finding a fault like that isn't always easy.

OI Photography said:
Awesome, glad you got it resolved! Finding a fault like that isn't always easy.

yeah it was a happy moment, it was a bit difficult to remove all the white glue, especially when the components are so close.
A little patience and some good Tools was all i needed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj