Solution for using older DJI go app without upgrade warning

Reaction score
Many people here complaining that DJI is forcing us to update our Go apps to the latest version, and forcing that before we can fly.

A quick fix on android is to clear the app data. Another method that has the same effect is uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

The problem can return if your device ever has internet access, however. Dji Go can run in the background, so unless you plan on keeping internet off 24/7, you must install a firewall app. Get one that allows you to restrict internet on a per app basis. There are many to choose from. I got AFWall, free version. Keep in mind, some apps require a rooted android device, others work without root.

Obviously keep auto update disabled for dji go in the play store also.

I blocked dji go from accessing WiFi (and block cell data if you have it) and the message does not return.

If anyone has a similar solution for ios, which have no experience with, please post it for others. (Is this update message affecting ios users as well?)
P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

I have iOS and just have auto update cut off .
I see if there's a update but choose if I want it.
That doesn't help with these update messages. Like I said, I don't know if this affects ios though. But on android, even with updates turned off, the warning message appears and can't be dismissed.

So far, iOS is unaffected.

In the past, keeping the auto-update turned off in the Play Store kept the app from updating, but this situation is different.
DJI had a serious flaw in the original 3.1.2 version FOR ANDROID which was causing user's Phantoms to fly away to an inaccurate home point, so what is being described above has nothing to do with:
1) The Play Store
2) iOS (Apple)
This was a serious issue that DJI really needed to fix.
Sadly, they are forcing all pre-3.1.3 version users to upgrade (or use a not-so-handy workaround).

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I agree they need to force update from 3.1.2 but not the other versions.

Update, my android firewall app I have doesn't start soon enough at boot and for some ******* reason dji go starts at boot seconds before, and still connects to my Wi-Fi.

Only solution is to have Wi-Fi of before I turn tablet off, so that it's not turned back on until my firewall app starts.

Pain in the ***

But note, clearing the data for dji go app does reset the message. And if it can't connect to internet it does not come back.

I don't particularly have a problem using the current newest of 3.1.3 but I'm paranoid about using anything not fully tested, thanks to DJI and their last bug.

In for updates,

I have resisted updating so far as i heard the maps are not as good in the new djigo ap

Ok so ive just updated to 3.1.2 after update request on my tablet, never had any issues before but now getting a camera lag of about 40/50 seconds i landed and restarted all, the app the controller and the drone, took off seems fine all working ok but about 3mins into flight i get a freeze of picture and drone is now at 335 mtrs away from p,o,t,o and height of 18 mtrs i initiate a return home but dont get any response from the controller.this flight is over water with no obstructions in flight path or close by,
I was expecting a downed drone in the water and totally lost but at this point i have lost visual and dont know where the B**** thing is the next picture i get is what looks like pebbles so has landed on dry land but not sure where when checking the map its about 180 mtrs form take of point and landed in a busy car park luckily no one was injured or vehicles damaged but could easily have been, the real scary point is a couple of minutes later and the drone would have came down on top of 2 people ridding horses back to their trailer im now not willing to take any chances and looking for any answers anybody can give before i go fly again any help please.

The new P4 upgrade is no gud I have uploaded it and now I'm having problems with it my video link cuts out and it won't fly any higher th 25 mts and a distance of only 30 mths how do I fix this I liked the one I was using before I uploaded the new upgrade in
Thx Mick T

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31