Solution for the WiFi only tablet guys !!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an iPad 3 and iPad Pro 12.9inch both are WiFI only and I wanted to be able to use all the functions that require GPS including my map! So I went on the hunt for an external GPS device that would be wireless and work both iOS and Android... I FOUND IT and its AMAZING! It is very precise and connects to satellites outside very fast! Dual XGPS150 here is the link that I purchased it from, prime, arrived in 1 day!(Florida)

Reactions: flpholt
Here are other commonly used Bluetooth GPS receivers:

Note: GPS receivers that offer both GPS & GLONASS should be more accurate in most cases.

Question really is... Is having the Russian satellites THAT much of a gain? I believe this xgps150 should be plenty for drone flying?

I haven't personally compared them, but I thought it was important to note for anyone else who is thinking about buying one of these. If yours is very precise in the locations you fly, then it's probably not worth trading up.

FYI, if you're using it for the Follow Me feature in DJI GO, don't forget to be ready to switch to ATTI mode if your Phantom starts to fly away after activating Follow Me. That is known to occur if your mobile device's GPS receiver (in your case, the external GPS receiver) is not reporting an accurate location.

Reactions: MTR-Aerial
Thanks for the input up there and for others! Great thinking! Thats why you have the vault of drone knowledge :) I have had my drone due that with my cell phone (Note 5) at the helm! I didn't know why but now do!!! hahaha. But won't atti mode allow the wind or whatever other outside sources push it another direction as well? My solution at the time was take back control with the sticks immediately (it allowed me too in follow me mode)

won't atti mode allow the wind or whatever other outside sources push it another direction as well?
Yes, but it would beat having your Phantom automatically fly off towards the wrong location. And, if there are nearby obstacles (e.g. trees), that could lead to a crash in a matter of seconds. It's just something to keep in mind really. I'm not assuming it's going to be your Phantom's final destiny ;)

and from what I can tell already from a quick drive around the block.. this external one is 10x more accurate than my phone.

haha yea dude... it went str8 towards trees!!! lololol i saved her though... If i told you what I was trying to do... youd laugh haha

28012810110508.jpg

Reactions: MTR-Aerial
I flew it up about 60ft (pines in my property are about 70ft lol) put it on follow... proceeded to get into my car... get in.. look at controller notice it diving.. look up, jam sticks and save it in the nick of time! lol cellular gps for the lossssssssssss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic