solution for the invalid battery !!!

Reaction score
I didn't have this problem till today, 20 some flights. I build power lines for a living and we use what we call pedal grease for high voltage connections. I put just a dab on the small connectors in the phantom itself. So far no more problem ---- :) the grease is called penatrox. I called dronefly, where I bought the phantom and asked them what it was worth to them for the solution, I asked for a spare battery and props, no such luck. They told me they already had a solution, software. Anyway I have done some hard core flying and all is good. I hope this works for you all as well.

I would check with your local hardware store or electronic shop. I Get it at work from the power company. If you see a utility worker, local lineman working in the area I am sure they will give you some. I have been flying with no more issues. I see that you can get it on amazon as well. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor ... rdstsg9f_b I use this stuff on every electrical connection I take apart. battery post, what ever. Never have a problem again

wildcatter said:
I would check with your local hardware store or electronic shop. I Get it at work from the power company. If you see a utility worker, local lineman working in the area I am sure they will give you some. I have been flying with no more issues. I see that you can get it on amazon as well. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor ... rdstsg9f_b I use this stuff on every electrical connection I take apart. battery post, what ever. Never have a problem again

Unlike others, I agree with you and feel this is a connection issue. I didn't start having problems until I mistakenly touched the small pins with my finger (touched softly). I feel like I must have gotten finger grease on it and it started the problem. Do you need to apply the penatrox at each use, or do you just do it once and move on?

I have just applied it once, like I said just a dab on the very end of the connectors on the phantom. the post on the battery are very close to each other. You do not want short them out.

After reading your post, it made sense to me. After 5 good flights, then 2 consecutive flights with an invalid battery warning, I tried normal dielectric grease. I have one successful flight so far. Will keep you posted.

I lost all my range. I could only fly around 400 feet away and it would lose connection and fly home. Also it would jump around like it was losing satellites and very erratic. I quit flying if before it headed back to china on its own. It was fine for about 30 flights, a good 10 after updates. Then things just when to hell after that. I was in FCC mode the whole time. I never had a hard landing or crash. Not sure what happend to it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1