Solid yellow light under one prop

Reaction score
I just crashed my Phantom for the first time (well, the first "real" crash) today. The 'copter is now making a beeping sound, with three of the four status lights slowly flashing red in time with the beeps, while the fourth remains a constant yellow. I'm not sure what exactly this is trying to indicate to me or how to correct this. I have not seen this addressed anywhere on this forum, so if someone could please clue me in, I would be most grateful.

Update:

I turned on the Phantom again and got similar beeping, but now the solid light is green. I tried to power up the props, and the only one that spun was the one above the green status light. Aargh! I have no idea what's going on!

Weirder and weirder. Now when I turn it on, I get the beeping, slow red flashing under two props, another prop is green flash, followed by three short red flashes, and the fourth, which used to be either solid green or solid yellow, now does not light up at all. If I start the props, the green-red-red-red prop and the one above the status light that is doing nothing will start, but not the ones above the slow, beeping red lights.

malacca said:
Weirder and weirder. Now when I turn it on, I get the beeping, slow red flashing under two props, another prop is green flash, followed by three short red flashes, and the fourth, which used to be either solid green or solid yellow, now does not light up at all. If I start the props, the green-red-red-red prop and the one above the status light that is doing nothing will start, but not the ones above the slow, beeping red lights.

more than likely you cracked the esc boards under the props that do not work or there connector are lose
you will have to open and check connections and esc boards
escs they are cheap to replace and fairly easy
I know these guys have them in stock
http://www.helipal.com/multi-rotors_spa ... ision.html

Whoop dee doo! Opened up the 'copter, found a loose connection and bam! Looks like everything is hunky dory again. Waiting until the morning to fly it, but tried powering it up and all the rotors were spinning. Hot ****! :D

malacca said:
Whoop dee doo! Opened up the 'copter, found a loose connection and bam! Looks like everything is hunky dory again. Waiting until the morning to fly it, but tried powering it up and all the rotors were spinning. Hot ****! :D

It may be best to calibrate EVERYTHING with the PT2 assistant & RC assistant again, and then the compass out at the field before you fly. Don't forget to wait for the quad to mark its home point, and you should be all set.

Indeed, I probably should recalibrate everything. I'll do that now. I did go out and fly around for 15 minutes this morning, and it performed perfectly. So relieved...

malacca said:
Indeed, I probably should recalibrate everything. I'll do that now. I did go out and fly around for 15 minutes this morning, and it performed perfectly. So relieved...

Glad we could help
Just stay calm check the obvious first and usually all is well :cool: :cool:

When I picked it up after the fall, I noticed two wires poking out between the top and bottom halves of the shell. Sure enough, they were the ones that had pulled loose. Still trying to figure out how they ended up poking out of the shell. Must have landed weird. They were really hard to stuff back in, so I'm surprised they were sticking out.

The wires must have been close to the seam of the top and bottom shell
when the copter hit the ground, the force of the impact opened up the seam just enough to let the wires
come out and when the shell flexed back to its normal position clamped shut on the wires.

Good luck on your flight I would keep it less than 20 feet and do some fast left to right and front to back maneuvers
to check to see if anything else was damaged before going any higher.

also closely inspect all props for hairline fractures by slightly bending then back and forth.

Check all motors to make sure that the E-clips on the bottom of the motors didn't come off
by pulling up on the outer housing, there should be less than 1mm of play if there is more than than there might be a problem
with the motor and will need further checks.
good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20