Solid Yellow Light on Controller / No Motor Start. No Fun

Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Pilots,

Have a Phantom 2 (non-Vision) with several hours in the air. Did a firmware upgrade (I thought) while updating my laptop with the drivers / manuals / downloads from DJI.

Long story short - The light on my controller turns on solid green then goes to solid yellow,whether the P2 is turned on or not. No motor start, etc. What's funny is that the rear lights on the P2 change from yellow to green if I leave the P2 on long enough to get GPS with the controller on. If I turn it off at that point, the P2 goes back to yellow, so it seems like there is SOME communication

On the computer, "RC" software sees the controller for calibration, Phantom software does not.

I'm sure I dorked up something in the upgrade process - Any help from the flying brothers and sisters out there would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Re: Solid Yellow Light on Controller / No Motor Start. No F

aerophantom said:
Greetings Fellow Pilots,

Have a Phantom 2 (non-Vision) with several hours in the air. Did a firmware upgrade (I thought) while updating my laptop with the drivers / manuals / downloads from DJI.

Long story short - The light on my controller turns on solid green then goes to solid yellow,whether the P2 is turned on or not. No motor start, etc. What's funny is that the rear lights on the P2 change from yellow to green if I leave the P2 on long enough to get GPS with the controller on. If I turn it off at that point, the P2 goes back to yellow, so it seems like there is SOME communication

On the computer, "RC" software sees the controller for calibration, Phantom software does not.

I'm sure I dorked up something in the upgrade process - Any help from the flying brothers and sisters out there would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Not only do you have to update both units with the new firmware but you also to have to calibrate both. Now have you done that? If you feel you screwed up the software download delete it and start over. First load RC firmware and then calibrate when finished leave the RC on and hookup the quad and update its firmware and do a complete calibration including the advance IMU. Once you have finished everything should be good to go.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Thanks Jason,

Got it after a couple runs at it. Really appreciate the help - You were absolutely correct about the sequencing of the updates.

Again - many thanks - got to fly this afternoon...

Cheers,

~Scott

I have the solid light on my controller and I didn't take any update.. All I did was run though the calibration.. Anybody have any idea how to fix this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj