Solid red lights Phantom 2 Vision +

Reaction score
When I turn on my Phantom 2 Vision plus it starts normally, cycles through all of the lights, but ends up with solid red rear lights and it is not responsive to the RC controller. I can't spool up the motors or do anything else.

It was running fine until I upgraded the firm ware today to 3.6.

Any ideas why it doesn't run? It is connecting to the RC controller according to the lights.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sifaka

This is straight from DJI Wiki page. Try hooking up to phantom assistant and do a advanced Full IMU calibration on very level table:

"Important:
If a solid red LED indicator appears, connect to the Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software for details and resolution. This may be caused by:
1)IMU calibration required: Recalibrate IMU using Assistant Software.
2)IMU is abnormal: Repair required.
3)Compass is abnormal: Repair required.
4)Remote controller mid-point is set abnormally: Refer to How to solve large margin(s) mid-point error."

Sorry to have bothered others (Thanks Damon for the IMU suggestion). After I posted the question I found that the throttle channel on the RC was stuck off. It wouldn't calibrate and that was throwing the quad into an error condition. Even though I had power cycled both the copter and the RC I did it again and used assistant to calibrate the RC. This time it worked,but the drone would still not power up. So I reinstalled the firmware upgrade and now it finally works again.

I guess one just needs to try and try again.

Sorry for the thread.

Sifaka

Then #4 was the answer. Good to hear you solved the issue.

When I turn on my Phantom 2 Vision plus it starts normally, cycles through all of the lights, but ends up with solid red rear lights and it is not responsive to the RC controller. I can't spool up the motors or do anything else.

Any ideas why it doesn't run? It is connecting to the RC controller according to the lights.

Sifaka

Did you ever find a solution to this? I ordered two new batteries and they do the same thing, blink solid red. My old ones still work fine, just not the new ones.

I had same issues with a brand new phantom upon opening box. I was finally able to get her flying by powering up the phantom (without props!) Leaving transmitter and extender powered OFF. Connect phantom to computer enter software and calibrate imu. Power cycle phantom this time with transmitter and wifi extender on and perform a compass calibration outside. Finally I connected phantom to pc and updated to 3.14 firmware.

Sifaka
My vision was working perfectly until I installed the firmware updates. Took it for a test flight. All fine until I blipped the throttle and it took off full speed about 100 ft then veered off to the left 200ft over a forest and dropped out of the sky. The android camera connection showed broken. Any further away and it was gone. I may have, (in panic) pulled both controls down and cut the rotors. Which at least led to being able to recover it and a reasonably soft crash through light branches. The battery had come out in the fall through the branches. Two guards and 3 rotors broken.
I sorted the camera prob by rebinding but now get two solid red lights, indicating, via PC of " Abnormal Compass Data"
The ribbon cable from the compass to the Lid had two wires pulled out, as I tried to ease the sticky foam away. I pushed them back but may have a bad connection. I could try a new lead maybe if they are available.
Any ideas people?

Solid red lights sorted. One wire had been tugged out of the 5 pin ribbon cable leading to the compass. The fault was at the Top Lid end. Where sticky foam patch had pulled the connection slightly. Pushed into place with tiny tweezers and checked continuity with meter. All well with short flight test..
Ye ha, back on the road again..lol (SKY)

Sifaka
Did you have the top off your Phantom.
One wire had been tugged out of the 5 pin ribbon cable leading to the compass. The fault was at the Top Lid end. Where sticky foam patch had pulled the connection slightly. Pushed into place with tiny tweezers and checked continuity with meter. All well with short flight test..

It showed the fault as ( Abnormal Compass Data ) via PC Utility. DJI Assistant.
My camera had to be re Bound after update to firmware plus I had a crazy fly away after updating all firmware. Went through all the calibrations and seems to have sorted the fly away problem too.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav