Solid RED lights on Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
Bought a used drone from a friend. I have calibrated the compass and my tablet says GPS mode is good. All lights are green on TX. The front 2 lights on the craft are solid red. Everything I can find refers to a needed firmware upgrade. However, my tablet says that the most current firmware is loaded. I didn't notice the solid reds until I was airborne. Craft was flying perfectly and landed with no issues. I'm new so don't assume I know anything.

@Skyhawker32, since you are 'new' as you said, I recommend you read through the manual concerning your bird. You can download it free and read through it on rainy days.
Be sure to do your preflight checks every time to avoid problems. Also, msinger's site PhantomHelp.com is available and has boatloads of information on everything Phantom. Msinger is a regular here on the Forum as well. Happy Flying and Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I got red's on the rear on my new p3s a week ago when flying at dusk, stood out like a cartoon hammered thumb, manual is bloody confusing in my eyes on that matter. Never had it again since though touch wood..

@Skyhawker32, since you are 'new' as you said, I recommend you read through the manual concerning your bird. You can download it free and read through it on rainy days.
Be sure to do your preflight checks every time to avoid problems. Also, msinger's site PhantomHelp.com is available and has boatloads of information on everything Phantom. Msinger is a regular here on the Forum as well. Happy Flying and Welcome!

Thanks Again Captain. As you suggested, I have read through the manual about twice. As you stated there is a lot of stuff in there. I actually have a card laminated and attached to my TX that identifies all of the lighting issues. The red lights were confusing because the craft was flying perfectly. Maybe they should tell you red in front is OK. Maybe they did and I just missed it. Again, Thanks for all the info. Have a great Labor Day.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Thanks Again Captain. As you suggested, I have read through the manual about twice. As you stated there is a lot of stuff in there. I actually have a card laminated and attached to my TX that identifies all of the lighting issues. The red lights were confusing because the craft was flying perfectly. Maybe they should tell you red in front is OK. Maybe they did and I just missed it. Again, Thanks for all the info. Have a great Labor Day.

Glad it worked out. There is a function in the GoApp that allows you to turn off the front red lights. They are primarily used for orientation as to which way it is facing front. Jump on Phantomhelp.com sometime for more info. Just be sure to select the correct Phantom you have at the top of the page. The site is amazing, including how-to's and videos on anything Phantom.

Have a great holiday too. Fly safe!

btw Guys quick question from my side, on take off fron lights are red rear are green when i reach atti ~10 meters rear and front are red and btw my range on view is very low around 30 meters(i fly in park, roughly 100 meters away from trees)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj