Solid Red Light

Reaction score
Hi ~ I have a P2 non-vision with H3-3D gimbal and a GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition.

I received the P2, charged everything, did all firmware updates, calibrated my remote, linked the remote and P2...

The PC pop-up menu says "Non-intelligent battery", though both batteries were purchased from DJI.

My P2 has only solid red lights. I can't find the error. Any thoughts? In calling DJI North America, it used to be that I'd be "33rd in line" and hold for 1 hour and 25 minutes to talk with someone who didn't provide any answers. Now, their system just hangs up, thus I need your help.

Thanks for your help!

Check the battery connector inside the battery opening. Make sure it isn't damaged in any way. It can get damaged in a crash. In addition to the two large battery connectors, there are two small pins that also connect to the battery. If they don't make contact, the battery won't be able to talk to the Phantom which will cause the non-DJI battery error.

I had this happen.All lights front and back solid red.The problem was a main board failure.If the phantom is new and never crashed I suggest sending it back under warrenty.

Hmmm... New and never crashed. Straight out of the box. My last one didn't work properly, so I had to return it. It took 3 weeks to get this one back, it'd be a shame to have to return it again.

As the "13th caller in line", I waited on hold for 54 minutes to talk with someone at DJI North America's tech support (on two previous calls I was "33rd" and waited 1 hour 15 minutes and 1 hour 20+ minutes respectively). We walked through all possible firmware upgrades, software updates, etc. After all that, his only reply was, "Return it." With my first P2 and the two long calls, I had the same advice "Return it". So, now I'm awaiting Phantom 2 number three. Will the 3rd time be a charm?

I had the same experience. Sat on hold forever, went over my issues, and then instructed to send it in for repairs. Unfortunately, I really don't think they can troubleshoot the issues that the manual can resolve via a phone call. I just wish they had a more efficient way of repairing our damaged Phantoms.

I had to call DJI when I started getting the solid red light. It seemed it was binding issue, but no matter what I had tried, I could not resolve it. I also didn't want to be out 3-5 weeks. My only recourse was to take it to a reputable local hobby shop. It wasn't cheap and that was only for labor. My time was more important than the money which is why I went the route I did, but I can't help but be a little pissed off considering I had this P2 for only 2 weeks.

Good luck, I hope you get yours resolved soon.

Realtor_Rick said:
We walked through all possible firmware upgrades, software updates, etc.

i wonder how much time it would save if there was some kind of "Send parameters to Tech Support" button in the Assistant, so it wouldn't require a back-and-forth over the phone about "What is your basic pitch gain? What about compass mod? Do you have quad-x selected?" etc. etc. This could possibly include other troubleshooting data as well.

Just a pipedream, but I think it's a nice one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4