Solid Red Light after FW update

Reaction score
Decided to bite the bullet and upgrade the Advance from 1.1.9 to the latest firmware.

Everything appeared to be going fine until the gimbal went solid red and gave out a continuous beep. On checking the log file it claimed that it had the latest firmware and gave a failed / abort error.

On trying again the firmware refuses to update - again giving the message the latest firmware is installed. Doesn't appear to be bricked and flew fine the other night.

Should I be concerned it didn't finish the way it should / has anybody else experienced this ?

Cheers,

Paul

I am a bit of a newbie, but I've been trolling around the forum, and I seem to remember reading that you needed to install another update prior to this 1.3.2. It would be nice if you could ask the small machine what firmware version it was running on.....

Same problem here. I was updating from 1.3.2.

Followed all instructions, used 3 different SD cards(formatted in camera/formatted on laptop), unarchived ZIP different ways...etc...
Once the dreaded drone(pun sorta intended!) sounds and the gimbal led is solid red, it continues for as long as the battery is powered. It was making the noise for over an hour.

I don't know how many more ways to try?? It was running smoothly on the previous FW.

When I restart, my app says it's updated to the 1.4. However, it certainly hasn't and the satellite count glitches. Certainly not safe to fly.

I should mention, i am able to roll back to the previous FW.

I did read that also - So, I tried USB2 and USB3...I must have tried almost every way.

It seems Paul (OP) went from 1.1.9
I went from 1.3.2

I'm gonna try and upload a vid of the dreaded noise!

My original post was referring back to firmware upgrade 1.3.2 (pre IOC options) in August. I'd gone from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 and got the solid red light on the gimbal / constant beep error. Seems that I'm still getting the same problem going from 1.3.2 to the latest IOC FW - 1.4.

If I leave the FW update on the card the gimbal tries to do another update (even though its telling me an update isn't needed) that last no more than 10 seconds before it goes to the same solid red light / constant beep. From digging into the hidden log file on the SD card it looks as if it's finding an undetected item. The firmware appears to have run it course / the craft appears to fly fine. I'm just concerned that there might well be some hardware issue the firmware hasn't been able to update. I've email DJI but as yet haven't had a responce.

Aaah I see you were referencing the previous update. Sorry about that...
Within the log, I too have the 'not detected' line(s). It's certainly not safe to fly as I can't calibrate the compass and the satellite count glitches. I also don't get the IOC options.

What doesn't make sense is that the 1.3.2 updates perfectly. Really not sure what to do??

I don't know if this will help your problem, but have you unzipped to your computer first and then added the .bin to your SD card? Doing it this way solved an issue I was having with updating.

Hey Jamie, I've tried that...on 2 different computers. It just doesn't make sense to me that I can roll back to 1.3.2 perfectly. I must have tried 50 times... I'm wondering if I should try updating with this hammer like the guy in a current post
Hahah

Yep, I have the pro version and I've been using the pro update.
I've opened a ticket with DJI so by all accounts, I should be able to get flying next January.

Reactions: brianb87
I've tried multiple SD cards. Formatted on both the Mac and quad itself, as well as ensuring there's nothing on the card other than the .bin file.

As mentioned earlier the quad will attempt to do a full update but just bombs out towards the end. I'm presuming it's finding the hardware error and just locking up for some reason. Awaiting a response back from DJI as to why it won't complete a full update sequence.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan