solid blue light on controller - firmware update issue

Reaction score
The status light on my controller is solid blue. I have tried updating the controller all three ways. First I tried though the Go app. It downloaded properly but every time I try to install it says it failed. Tried micro sd card through usb - just sits solid blue. Tried connecting to aircraft - still solid blue. Now controller won't connect to aircraft. Assistance needed!

Reactions: Aungsoelutt
Light gets blue during FW update and goes off after it is rebooted manually.

But the controller is not beeping or anything. It just sits solid blue indefinitely.

Yes that's what I noticed too. I didn't expect any error as light was not red.

Nah - I can tell you this is not normal. It's not beeping, not doing anything. Just a solid blue light. I've let it sit for over an hour. DJI said to do a reset on the controller (c1+c2+video record+camera setting dial and then turn on controller) but that doesn't seem to do anything other than just turn on the controller. At a loss...

Sounds to me like something happened when the controller was updating. Just like any other electronic device like PCs when you are updating firmwares and they tell you never to turn them off, etc. during an update. I know you didn't do that but something happened. I would say reset it and try the update again but you cant even do that so I am not sure.

The only time I ever did anything with the remote was when I was convinced something was wrong (original update failed, blue light on solid for 1+ hours, etc). Update: not sure what exactly I did, but the Go app update decided to go through and update the downloaded update, so it appears to be working now. The only thing I did was take out the micro sd card from the usb on the controller and did the reset of the controller (still not convinced that actually took though because I didn't have to re-bind the controller to the aircraft... so I don't think so). Who knows. Seems to be working now and update is 1.7.6 (controller 1.5.80). I do notice, with the new update on the Go app and under 'About,' they only list "version" and "remote controller." I assume "version" is for the aircraft, but 1.6 said specifically "aircraft version."

The only time I ever did anything with the remote was when I was convinced something was wrong (original update failed, blue light on solid for 1+ hours, etc). Update: not sure what exactly I did, but the Go app update decided to go through and update the downloaded update, so it appears to be working now. The only thing I did was take out the micro sd card from the usb on the controller and did the reset of the controller (still not convinced that actually took though because I didn't have to re-bind the controller to the aircraft... so I don't think so). Who knows. Seems to be working now and update is 1.7.6 (controller 1.5.80). I do notice, with the new update on the Go app and under 'About,' they only list "version" and "remote controller." I assume "version" is for the aircraft, but 1.6 said specifically "aircraft version."
The RC procedure they had you do sets the RC back to the FW update status so that another update attempt could initiate. Sounds like it did initiate the update and this time it worked.

I was thinking that I would reply back to you with the very same reset procedure until I read further and saw that you did it already.

Here's the photo that I usually post when someone has this issue:
Reset_P3_RC.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks - not sure I had enough fingers to hold down all those buttons while trying to turn on the controller!

Reactions: igor.L
Thanks - not sure I had enough fingers to hold down all those buttons while trying to turn on the controller!
Agreed. It's so ridiculously complicated to do that reset. Its like the designers were playing a drinking game called "lets see how many buttons we can push at one time."

Then they made that the reset and laughed.

Reactions: JoBe
Hi. I'm new to the inspire. I got my controller stuck while doing an update. It has a solid blue light and nothing happens. No beeping sounds no connection to app or aircraft. I've tried the 4point reset and nothing. Something that is strange is that when I connect the controller with app I only have the phantom 4 option and no inspire. Can someone help please?

Agreed. It's so ridiculously complicated to do that reset. Its like the designers were playing a drinking game called "lets see how many buttons we can push at one time."

Then they made that the reset and laughed.
No, no - it's much more complicated. It's called 'lets try and find a button combination that a user WONT accidentally press'. That's harder ('here, hold my beer'). I think they got it right this time. I'd love to see the engineering documents for these things. There must be all sorts of fun little things you could try.

Reactions: Oso
Hi. I'm new to the inspire. I got my controller stuck while doing an update. It has a solid blue light and nothing happens. No beeping sounds no connection to app or aircraft. I've tried the 4point reset and nothing. Something that is strange is that when I connect the controller with app I only have the phantom 4 option and no inspire. Can someone help please?
Have you tried rebinding? On the Phantom, there is a tiny little button on the side that you press after you ask the GO app to relink. I'm sure the Inspire has something similar.

No, no - it's much more complicated. It's called 'lets try and find a button combination that a user WONT accidentally press'. That's harder ('here, hold my beer'). I think they got it right this time. I'd love to see the engineering documents for these things. There must be all sorts of fun little things you could try.
FYI that I have been enjoying your posts and your awesome sense of humor.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik