Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Soldering help

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by zaheriley, Nov 18, 2013.

1. zaheriley

Hi Guys,

I am not a DIY Guy and got my Phantom yday with ZenMuse Gimbal. I watched 5-6 Gimbal installation videos, read some useful answers on this forum and then tried to do soldering at least 10 times but all in vain.

I am taking a trip next week and want to setup and test everything before that. I am really frustrated and willing to pay for the soldering service. But even that is not available anywhere near me(IL,USA). Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. OI Photography

Find a Ham Radio club in your area (I can help you find one), I'm sure one of their members will be happy to help you out for a small fee. Or just a local hobby/RC club.

3. zaheriley

Thanks OI Photography. I couldn’t see any Ham Radio Club in my area (Zip-60559). I think I should join some RC club, hoping to find someone who can help me out. Its strange that no big electronics stores offer such services.

4. OI Photography

I found a Ham Club nearby, in Elmhurst. You can email their contact, Nick Fredrich, at W9YRC@arrl.net, and let them know you were referred by a former Ham (KA3USE was my callsign). I'm sure he'll know someone who will be happy to help, and probably teach you some good technique as well.

http://www.yorkradioclub.com/

5. zaheriley

Great! I appreciate you spending time in searching this for me. Thanks. :)

Update: I found a hobby shop near my work place which might be a good option to get this done and also for future repairs.