Soldering help

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am not a DIY Guy and got my Phantom yday with ZenMuse Gimbal. I watched 5-6 Gimbal installation videos, read some useful answers on this forum and then tried to do soldering at least 10 times but all in vain.

Daninho said:
Just put a little solder on top of the DJI solder points and let it cool. Put some flux on your PMU wire and re-melt your solder. This should secure the PMU wires and you should get a power connection. I actually used an XT60 power plug for my PMU but if I had to do it over again I would have just done a JST connection and soldered that to the DJI power leads.

OK, so i guess it is save to solder a new soldering point on an esisiting one, im a beginner when it comes to soldering. I also thought about an XT60 Harness and solder one end to the PMU, the other one for the Lipo because soldering two cable ends sounds easy.

Now to the X3 cable problem, ive heard the X3 cable is only for powering up the Naza Controller! So it doesnt matter what X3 cable you plug in, the old or the new. Does that make sense?

I am taking a trip next week and want to setup and test everything before that. I am really frustrated and willing to pay for the soldering service. But even that is not available anywhere near me(IL,USA). Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Find a Ham Radio club in your area (I can help you find one), I'm sure one of their members will be happy to help you out for a small fee. Or just a local hobby/RC club.

Thanks OI Photography. I couldn’t see any Ham Radio Club in my area (Zip-60559). I think I should join some RC club, hoping to find someone who can help me out. Its strange that no big electronics stores offer such services.

zaheriley said:
Thanks OI Photography. I couldn’t see any Ham Radio Club in my area (Zip-60559). I think I should join some RC club, hoping to find someone who can help me out. Its strange that no big electronics stores offer such services.

I found a Ham Club nearby, in Elmhurst. You can email their contact, Nick Fredrich, at [email protected], and let them know you were referred by a former Ham (KA3USE was my callsign). I'm sure he'll know someone who will be happy to help, and probably teach you some good technique as well.

http://www.yorkradioclub.com/

Great! I appreciate you spending time in searching this for me. Thanks. :)

Update: I found a hobby shop near my work place which might be a good option to get this done and also for future repairs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic