Sold P3S!

Reaction score
So I've owned a Phantom 3 Standard for less than a month. After 15 flights or so I decided to sell it. I got nearly what I paid but of course not all since it was used, but in good shape. I decided to sell it for two reasons.

#1 - I wasn't getting nearly the range I was hoping for. DJI says .6 mile max range, which is 3,168 feet. I was getting 1200-1300 feet before loss of signal and even a loss a video. That's around 40% of the advertised max range. I understand I'm flying in a populated residential suburb of Dallas, but 40%? With a clear line of sight? Not acceptable.

#2 - I really enjoyed flying the DJI drone. It was my first drone. It's got a good camera (photos and video), a wicked awesome gimbal setup, (That thing is rock solid steady!) and it's really easy to fly.

So when my Dallas Cowboys playoff tickets sold online for a nice profit, I decided to sell the PS3 and use the ticket money to UPGRADE to the Mavic Pro!!

Now I'm debating over where to buy it from, but it's on!! Mavic Pro here I come! Any comments and advice on where to purchase or anything else are most welcome!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Neon Euc
Now I'm debating over where to buy it from, but it's on!! Mavic Pro here I come! Any comments and advice on where to purchase or anything else are most welcome!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yea , join another of our forums You will like the mod there ;)

Yea I sold my P3S within a month and picked up a P3S last year. The little bit more $$ spent was worth it. Looking at Inspire 1 now so may sell this P3A with very little flight time once I find a replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have he same problem with the signal drop out I don't think that always happens. Mine used to go that far then soothing went wrong I don't know what so I sent it in to try and get fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yea I sold my P3S within a month and picked up a P3S last year. The little bit more $$ spent was worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Ya said what.gif

Reactions: Neon Euc
Lol same here. You beat me to it with your witty reply [emoji23] [emoji23]

Neon Euc

Reactions: dirkclod
I loved my first P3S so much, I bought a second one two months later. I live out in the country and I am getting double the range that you get on bad days. And good days I am getting 3 times your range. Heck 0.6 mile range means you can fly over 724 acres. That is over a square mile. I just bought a Itelite DBS antenna and many are reporting a 2 to 3 mile range with them. I'll probably install it in the next couple of days from now. And with Litchi missions, you can fly out to 5 or 6 miles without a problem with a stock P3S no less (even where you live). Keep flying and keep the GPS side up.

Last edited:
Reactions: BourgeoisSJC

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31